White Zombie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Zombie

Check out this news story from Portland......

200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Re: White Zombie

Tree hugger
    Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

Originally posted by fine59
      Tree hugger
      He's not hurting a thing. That's pretty awesome IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by fine59
        Tree hugger
        LMAO!!!!! Expected comment Fred ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
        200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
        Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

wonder if he knows how much environmental damage is done to make those batteries
          Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

??? What Hot Rodder would be cought dead in and electric car ???
            Danny/Zachary
            HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

the kind that runs an 11.86 at 109. nuthin wrong with following your dreams...

Comment

Good story, but I do ponder a few things, which fine59 brought up; I wonder what it entails to produce those batteries, and I'd like to know how cost effective that build is. I've never looked into anything like that, but I'm guessing that it can't be cheap. Hell, batteries for Chase's Traxxas "Grave Digger" are outrageous..... :o
                sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                - George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky67
                  Good story, but I do ponder a few things, which fine59 brought up; I wonder what it entails to produce those batteries, and I'd like to know how cost effective that build is. I've never looked into anything like that, but I'm guessing that it can't be cheap. Hell, batteries for Chase's Traxxas "Grave Digger" are outrageous..... :o
                  I agree with Tom Slick. when it comes to drag racing cost effectiveness is to lose. Look at the dollars spent to go faster. Human nature is to question the new idea.
                  Hey that thing you call an "automobile" will never work, my horse is all I need. no need for paved roads, not need to look for a "gas" station, and there is hay everywhere and it is dirt cheap. Shoes ? what does it cost for then new fangled rubber things ? :
                  Besides I think your blood will boil if you go that fast
                  Humnm been watching too much History Channel lately

PS I was expecting a Rob Zombie Video :
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqQuihD0hoI
                  So. Central PA
                  Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by 63 falcon
                    ??? What Hot Rodder would be cought dead in and electric car ???
                    I'd be caught in a Tesla for sure!

Linda 8)

Comment

: Tesla ??? maybe ???
                      Danny/Zachary
                      HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

They are awesome. but I'll stick to my gas machine, er horse ;D for now
                        http://www.teslamotors.com/roadster/gallery
                        So. Central PA
                        Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

I'm not sure what the real point is here......how many runs between charges? Electricity comes from coal-fired powerplants.....I couldn't get the audio, so I may be in the dark, but I really don't see racing as an environmental risk......and DD on electricity.......how 'bout combines? How 'bout tractors? Does that apply? How 'bout ships? Semis? Color me dumb I guess, but fossil fuels seem to be the best options for now.
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

From the hot rodding point of view, you can only go as fast as your money supply...each tenth costing more than the last. from the environmental side....all the "green" crap falls victim to the law of unintended consequences . And to think fossil fuels aren't a part of the grand order of things is to think that you actually control the destiny of this massive orb you live on, which is delusional. Could we destroy it...yes,with a concerted purposeful effort. by having a car in every yard...no. It's ok to hug trees as long as you hug em in your own yard, start hugging mine and you had best be well armed.
                            Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Now there was no "point" to this story as far as from an ecological side. The fact of the matter is, this is still "Hot Rodding". Ingenuity and $$ to make a vehicle on wheels go faster. Pretty impressive considering that 11.80's is quicker that most everyone's average "hot" street car. Mike's comment about what we will spend for another tenth is even more proof that this is the real deal. Ed, I think the story suggested a recharge time of 20 minutes between rounds. The fact of getting taken out by an electric car may hurt your pride some, kinda makes me think when V6 Turbos came along and now there are 9 and 10 second four cylinder Japs beating up Detroit Iron. Still racing and Hot Rodding, still cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X