Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many will be in LR Friday nite June 6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How Many will be in LR Friday nite June 6?

Originally posted by Orange95Z
    Originally posted by rexdogg
    anyone notice that the room rates for the Ramada on Shackleford (for the kickoff weekend) seemed to have gone up over the past couple of months? I reserved there a few months ago, just checked now, 149.00 per night?......

meet the new boss, same as the old boss......
    Damn, when I booked in September it was $76.00 per night.
    See what the effects of higher gas prices are :

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
      anyone notice that the room rates for the Ramada on Shackleford (for the kickoff weekend) seemed to have gone up over the past couple of months? I reserved there a few months ago, just checked now, 149.00 per night?......

See what the effects of higher gas prices are :
      Global warming had to add to that increase also, as I'm sure greed had nothing to do with it.
      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

when we stayed there last year we paid like $150. when i booked our room for this year it was about $81 per night.

Comment

We booked in October and it was $86 a night.
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Think ours was 82.00 and booked in Oct
            Donna
            Williamston, MI
            Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

I should be getting to L.R. around sundown.
              LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

doin the VA and cruisapalooza. MIke and the Fabulous Susie K.
                Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Originally posted by george1861
                  I should be getting to L.R. around sundown.
                  i'm looking at your list of cars. Falcon Ute?? are you from Australia, or did you have the cars shipped over? could there be an interesting story there?? just curious.
                  Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Hey Cobra - took a while to get back on line to see your response re my 69 Ford CJ Hardtop (Formal roof) - just ordered a bunch of stuff from AutoKrafters in VA, also Macs in Lockport NY.

We'll be in LR on Friday afternoon - about 6-7 cars coming down from Canada in procession. I'll be in the 69 Green Camaro as the Ford is in pieces in the shop waiting for the floor pans to arrive.

Great news about the Ford is the block, heads, intake manifold and exhaust manifolds are all correct date codes and part numbers for an R Code 428CJ - and the block and Transmission are stamped numbers matching to Dash VIN tag and fender support stamped VIN and to Marti Report.

Here's a shot of the Ford before the work started - looks great except the floor is like Fred Flintstone's car - you can almost touch the road with your toes!!

Now the tough part - finding out the history of the car. Sold in Baltimore Maryland by Bob Davidson Ford in May 1970 as a Dark Ivy Green with white vinyl roof, and was drag raced in the Maryland area???? Any ideas?

Comment

maybe start working backwards with registrations? maybe see if the person you bought it off of has the number of the person he bought it off of?

sweet ride you have there. i have a 68' fastback with the ram air cobra jet engine, but it's only a GT, not a cobra. it's sat the past 7 years, almost completed, because i was working on my 70', and then my 83' stang power tour car, so i still need to do some more research myself. it's suppose to be a ford executives car, having come with auto AND a/c...suppose to not be a possibility for 428 ram air cars. also, the marti report doesn't show it came with a/c. maybe google torino clubs and see if anyone can give you some ideas.
                      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

great looking Ford....you also might try mailing away to various states' DMV's, to see if they have or kept copies of titles (if you know where the car may have been registered); but, some states don't keep records for all that long anyway.....

Comment

Looks like we'll be in LR earlier than anticipated. We're going to leave home a day early and stay in Memphis to do a little partying on Beale Street Thursday night. :o
                          I R Bob
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
                            Looks like we'll be in LR earlier than anticipated. We're going to leave home a day early and stay in Memphis to do a little partying on Beale Street Thursday night. :o
                            Hey Blue, there is no such thing as a little partying on Beale Street. You could be arriving late to LR if you are not careful. ;D
                            It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Solsticefun
                              Hey Blue, there is no such thing as a little partying on Beale Street. You could be arriving late to LR if you are not careful. ;D
                              Oh I know it. We spent two days there last year after PT. The trick is to get a hotel within walking distance. ;D
                              I R Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Solsticefun
                                Oh I know it. We spent two days there last year after PT. The trick is to get a hotel within walking distance. ;D
                                ...and don't stray into the bad areas of town.
                                Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Working...
                                X