X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 falcon
    replied
    Re: Forum Freaks Geeks

??? Didnt loose car in Mobile ,but had to walk a mile to get back to it,from the clock in stage. : :

Leave a comment:

• Vsolo
    replied

Originally posted by oletrux4evr
    I'm old. I only have a semi-smart phone. I'm just gonna park close to you Bill and follow you around........ :D
    We are in big trouble, I was planning on following you around again this year, you kept me straight last year on the tour

Leave a comment:

• GTPilot88
    replied

My phone is going to have a work out...going to be my GPS... SAT radio...GPS Tracker, and LIVE GPS Tracker!!!... all at the same time....(i hope..it has that much running memory to use)

Google Maps - GPS
    Siruis XM Online - Sat Radio
    GPS Tracker- GPS Tracker by InstaMapper LLC
    Glympse - Live GPS Tracker (4 hours at a time... need to refresh every 4 hours and post new link)

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied

I'm old. I only have a semi-smart phone. I'm just gonna park close to you Bill and follow you around........ :D

Leave a comment:

• Bigbuds1
    replied

The Craig's list apps are cool too. ;)

Leave a comment:

• Vsolo
    replied

Originally posted by 55lincoln
    oh my

look where technology is taking us

if you can't find your car there must be a reason & maybe you shouldn't drive it

my 2 cents
    Hey I'm old & forgetful and am forever misplacing my car : , see there is help for me now.
    Must be great to never wander from from your car.
    Last edited by Vsolo; May 1, 2011, 08:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Impala_Guy
    replied

I needed "Find my car" in Mobile last year. Really. No Joke. I had trouble finding my car that afternoon. Hadn't even been to a bar.

Leave a comment:

• 55lincoln
    replied

oh my

look where technology is taking us

if you can't find your car there must be a reason & maybe you shouldn't drive it

my 2 cents

Leave a comment:

• Vsolo
    started a topic Forum Freaks Geeks

Forum Freaks Geeks

Just a thought. and it my be too geekie for some of us on here. ;D

Not sure how many people have smart phone (iPhone, Android, BlackBerry's)

I'm not discussion the need or want of these phones.

I recently upgraded my BlackBerry to a data plan and found a world of things you can do with it. :

Here were some Apps I have found (I like free apps) that might be usefully for the Tour and the people here.

I have been testing them before I suggest using them.

Here are a few I have found that will work on all Smart phones.

There is app call "Poynt" if uses your GPS position to find Restaurants, Gas stations (& the current price of gas at that station) Businesses, Events, Movies, Yellow and White pages.
    It can provide you direction on how to get there.

"Find My Car" when you park your car, you click on the location of the car & then when you decide to find your car again the app uses a compass to point in the direction of your car and how far away you are.
    I tried it recently in a Aspen, CO with a parking meter & we made it back with 5 minutes to spare (I had 15 minutes to find the car before the meter ran out) LOL
    I know this will save me time since I misplaced my car at several HRPT events last year, now if I only remember to mark the car before I leave it

I was trying out "Google Latitude" what this does if give live tracking to you & you friends.
    You get a Google account & sign in to "Latitude" and follow the set up and who you accept as friends.
    As long as you are logged in you get an idea where everyone is at.
    If you don't want to be followed you can either sign out or take your friends off.

You also can send your location to some one else via a SMS message, it sends the link to a map & if you have the data plan it will show you on a map on your phone.

Humm I might be able to find Dave the Bartender quicker this time

If you have a BlackBerry, BBM has a neat function of "my location" & you can send it (Broadcast) to everyone on your list at once.

When you receive it, you can actually map your way to them by Car, or by Walking.
Working...
X