Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, so about Mel going on PT2011...

OK, well good-bad situation.
    Mel was offered a career, in a family-services type organization and after the background check thing.
    {Nothing on her file. Except she's a midget, and action packed with issues...HA! We've been married since 2001, so it's legal to call my girl a bit nuts. She's still with me after all this time. The MUST mean she's mental, right? ??? ;D}

AnYwAyS...
    She should know in 2 weeks.
    Which leads to the deal of she might not be able to go, if she can't take the time off.
    Now I am sort of torn on this.
    She is like it's honestly not a big deal, and I should try to take one of my buddies with.
    I really wanted to have her come with and be able to enjoy this go around...especially after how last year was for us.

Assuming she is not able to go, may have to rethink the hotel plans as I'll probably try to just book Microtel or something similar, just so I am not camping out in the GTS.

Debated about inviting a buddy along, but he would not be able to handle the GTS for 4000 miles.

Thought about inviting one of my brothers, but he can't afford that much time either.

Also, hate to say it but she is also my voice of reasoning. I tend to do stupid things if left to my own bidding. ;D

more to follow...
    Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Re: OK, so about Mel going on PT2011...

What if she tells them she already has this super time off planned? Worked for me a few years ago!

Linda 8)

Comment

Don't get the cart ahead of the horse there Andrew - that'd be premature transportation.
      Maybe she can get the time off - or part of it - and you can fly her in and out if need be.
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Dude!!!!! just gives you more time to seek out the strip clubs......Whooooo Colombia SC....06 tour.....ahhhhhh mammeries....opppps memories i mean
        Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

The problem with inviting a friend along.........If you have already reserved rooms with 1 king bed, better hope your buddy doesn't throw a leg over in the middle of the night :o ..........Ummm never mind.
          Hope all works out for you Andrew, we may need to fly my wife into Orlando friday night, she has plenty of time to take off however with hiring freezes and state cutbacks she may not be able to take the almost 2 full weeks due to staffing issues. It will all work out one way or another 8)
          200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
          Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

I'm in the same sorta boat right now. I have a new job I'm applying for next week. If I get it I'm pretty sure doing the entire tour is out of the picture. Even if I do the tour I'll probably need to find someone to split the cost with and my brother is finalizing a divorce so he's not sure..

Powertour off/on since 2002
            sigpic

Comment

??? My copilot is 8 yrs old, Cant read a map,cant drive,and i am pretty sure that I am paying for everything,but wouldn't have it any other way. : :. Good luck to all in finding away to do this years PT. : :
              Danny/Zachary
              HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Andrew, hope Mel can make it. Looking forward to meeting her! If you do have to go it alone, most of our rooms are double beds. Wouldn't mind sharing a room if need be! Something to keep in mind.
                Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

in the same boat don't have a lot of time because of a new job and i have no co pilot yet so i may have to drive down from chicago friday afternoon nonstop

Comment

C'MON GUYS, lets get it together here. When I started my new job this last fall, I made it clear that the second week of June was MY time!

And I got real real lucky that I work for a family owned business that actually kinda likes me and the work I do. Real lucky. I hope everyone can make it, but remember family comes first and the job market sucks right now.
                    Andrew, I don't know. Nancy also is a big help while on tour-keeping me within a few hard braking seconds of the speed limits, cop look-out, rear tire inspector, and navigation and so on. I dont know if I could do it alone.

Comment

Flying kamikaze style, not for the social networking types :-*; very Zen like though 8)

I have 3.5 kamikaze PT flights under my belt - its not easy to take pics :'(
                      a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Tom,I'd say you have 4 if you count bring the Firebird there and back home only to get the GTO..

And like Justin said,my wife also took a new job 5 years ago and told them we had booked plans for a given date and they said we can work around that.. Ask if she can tap into next years vacation time or take it as ,cough-cough, sick time.. My wife's motto is ...You don't get if you don't ask..
                        I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by 63 falcon
                          ??? My copilot is 8 yrs old, Cant read a map,cant drive,and i am pretty sure that I am paying for everything,but wouldn't have it any other way. : :. Good luck to all in finding away to do this years PT. : :
                          Teach the copilot to read a map! Seriously: this is a good time for a couple of basic lessons in reading & math. The kid won't even realize he/she is learning something! :D "Well, we just passed mile marker 115, we need to get off at exit 282, so about how far is that?" My grandmother pulled that on me when I was about six.

(Yes, despite being only 32 years old, I DO know how to read a map!)
                          John
                          2007-2008-2009-2010-2011 Long Hauler
                          Detroit-Muskegon 2012
                          Couldn't make 2013

Comment

Fred...shaking head...
                            Justin, agreed. Hell, you remember last year when all the sudden I was up front of a pack of cars on a 2 lane, and thought I got us lost? : I have my phone with GPS and all, but that thing HAS steered me wrong at times. I prefer paper maps at times.

Allan...I was fine, hell a chunk of the time Mel was sleeping...LOL...
                            I did manage a couple good shots driving and using the camera...

And some times, when driving around, timing is a key thing with a camera. ;D

Still have not heard anything back yet. Playing things by ear.
                            I was checking with one of my brothers yesterday, and he was like, "Well, Chris {his wife} gets her vacation off from teaching in June...so 2 weeks away would be fun but not an fn' chance... :-\

LOL
                            Andrew

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Well, so, here we are, mid March.
                              I have a mixed deal. Mel was told she can go.
                              On the flip side, my bonus I had, money set aside for PT, ah, life just likes to screw with my plans.
                              Right now, things are questionable at best.
                              I had to pretty much burn through $2400 in the last month and not felling really happy about it.
                              Andrew

Comment

Working...
                              X