Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Express (high speed 30-40 mph) Ferry - Milwuakee to Muskegon

Hey

Wondering if anyone is taking the Ferry from over to Muskegon to catch the last 2 stops of the tour?
    Or has any family members taking it to join you for the last 2 stops?

Sailings are at for the time around PT are as follows
    Depart Arrive
    Milwaukee 06:00 AM CT Muskegon 9:30 AM ET
    Muskegon 10:15 AM ET Milwaukee 11:45 AM CT
    Milwaukee 12:30 PM CT Muskegon 4:00 PM ET
    Muskegon 4:45 PM ET Milwaukee 6:15 PM CT

At the moment Therese plans on taking the Ferry over on June, 8th at 12:30 and spending the night in Muskegon before we get there. She will then continue all the way to Detroit with us and follow me driving home. I don't know what car she is bringing yet, but she is really pushing to take the Cutlass, if we don't have it sold by then. With the way gas prices are going, I want her to bring the Jeep or the Celica...but only time will tell

It is a lot shorter than driving for her, i really don't want her driving by herself. The Ferry is pretty cool, it runs off of 2 Water Jet motor(like big jet ski motors) that have their own steering. It makes the 75mile trip in 2 1/2 hours...that is about 30 mph...good speed for a boat that size, and that much weight!

More information about the ferry is available
    http://www.lake-express.com
    there is actually pictures of other PT cars from either 2008/09 when it was in Madison that people took across in the photo section under "About Lake Express"
    http://www.lake-express.com/about/gallery.aspx?aid=11
    Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Re: Lake Express (high speed 30-40 mph) Ferry - Milwuakee to Muskegon

You could water ski behind that puppy -
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10
      You could water ski behind that puppy -
      I can imagine the wake to jump off of if you were to do that or wake or even tube behind it!
      Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Adult one-way $85.00 + Auto one-way $92.00 = $177.00 vs approx. 280 miles and Chicago. That's a tough call.
        "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Matt you're in Wisconsin now ?
          Has anyone seen my fan?

Comment

Yessir!

Matt

Comment

I am doing it on the way home.
              Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
              www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Comment

Ryan are you planning on taking the 445 on saturday? or do you plan on taking the 1015 on sunday morning and hanging around detirot or muskegon?

We are thinking about taking the 445 home too... but my only hesitation is that if they open the GM tech center or some other GM facilities, like the GM Heritage museum that i would want to do that after the Ceremony. It is about a 3 hour drive back to Muskegon, which means I would have to be leaving at 1 at the latest, not giving me much time. (cememony usually ends at 11 or 12)... Also not leaving me much time to say goodbye to all my friends!

It is a 30 per car person combo to cancel and 10 for just a person, i guess i could book it and if i hear something happening i can cancel it up to 72 hours before hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
                  Yessir!
                  He's a Volunteer Peach Hoosier Cheesehead Renaissance Man.
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

Yessir!
                    ^^^^^ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D^^^^^^^

Comment

Yessir!
                      With some really great people that I'm honered to be friends (really more like family) with!!!

Matt

Comment

I'll drink to that - over and over.
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Adult one-way $85.00 + Auto one-way $92.00 = $177.00 vs approx. 280 miles and Chicago. That's a tough call.
                          Matt are you thinking about the way home from tour? Are you making the Long Haul?

Comment

No clue at this point as to what I'll be doing as far PT is concerned Scott.

Matt

Comment

No clue at this point as to what I'll be doing as far PT is concerned Scott.
                              I will come through Wisconsin on the way to Florida and kidnap you, Bro! :-*

Linda 8)

Comment

Working...
                              X