Ford or Chevrolet Pick'm Up Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ford or Chevrolet Pick'm Up Truck

just looked at the poll results.. i would say its gonna comedown to what YOU like best. most of this stuff in pretty evenly matched any more. they both have good points and they both have bad points. sorry ford fans, i voted chevy, but hey i work at a gm dealership, what did you think i would pick. ;D

Comment

You saw the problems Bull was having with his ford...i vote chevy..always have been a GM person....I actually also like the GMC's better than the Chevy's too.
      Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Every Cummins Dodge I have owned have munched the transmissions! Every Powerstroke I have ever worked on has had pump or injector, or transmission trouble! The only newer Chevy I have ever owned or worked on was my 05' 2500 HD 4x4. Had a 6.0 ls with a 4l80E. I had less than 20 thousand miles on it when I ripped the bell housing to pieces.....no really....it was shattered! GM said I abused it and therefore no warranty!! I had the trailer behind it one time, and it had one of my other GTOs on it when the trans let go! I firmly believe it was a casting flaw, but nonetheless, I will never buy a new truck from any manufacturer again. I will buy a used one that has been proven for some miles and determine if it is right for me. In the meantime, my 77 ford high boy 4x4 is the monster of choice. For what its worth Bob, I think Chevy has the best looking truck right now.
        HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
        DW- 12,16,17
        "Stay thirsty my friends"
        The worlds most interesting man

Comment

i think everyone knows where i stand when it cames to trucks hense my screen name ( 4dfide)
          Has anyone seen my fan?

Comment

Ram 2500 with Hemi power! Between GM's car suspension and Playskool interiors with Revell Snaptite dashboards and Ford's new engines (I'll pass on beta-testing those) and bizarre alien-fish styling...Ram 2500.
            John
            2007-2008-2009-2010-2011 Long Hauler
            Detroit-Muskegon 2012
            Couldn't make 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Jarlaxle
              Ram 2500 with Hemi power! Between GM's car suspension and Playskool interiors with Revell Snaptite dashboards and Ford's new engines (I'll pass on beta-testing those) and bizarre alien-fish styling...Ram 2500.
              ???What ???
              Danny/Zachary
              HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

i have a lawsuit against ford for the 6.0 powerstroke diesel! $8K SPENT ON THE MOTOR FROM OCTOBER 2010 - JANUARY 2011. IT LEFT ME ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD 7 TIMES IN THAT STRETCH!!!
                I LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT THAT TRUCK EXCEPT THE MOTOR,WHICH FORD WONT DO ANYTHING ABOUT!
                hense the lawsuit. right now the truck has the welding truck bed off of it and it just sits in the yard here at my work. i sold the bed to the company and they just bought a 2011 dodge 4500 cummins cab/chassis.
                i'm paying $825/mo on the note for the ford and afraid to drive it. after the last repairs i drove it (fingers crossed the whole way) to the yard and parked it. I CANT SELL IT YET DUE TO THE LAWSUIT,THE LAWYERS TOLD ME.

Comment

Originally posted by bull the rogue welder
                  i have a lawsuit against ford for the 6.0 powerstroke diesel! $8K SPENT ON THE MOTOR FROM OCTOBER 2010 - JANUARY 2011. IT LEFT ME ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD 7 TIMES IN THAT STRETCH!!!
                  I LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT THAT TRUCK EXCEPT THE MOTOR,WHICH FORD WONT DO ANYTHING ABOUT!
                  hense the lawsuit. right now the truck has the welding truck bed off of it and it just sits in the yard here at my work. i sold the bed to the company and they just bought a 2011 dodge 4500 cummins cab/chassis.
                  i'm paying $825/mo on the note for the ford and afraid to drive it. after the last repairs i drove it (fingers crossed the whole way) to the yard and parked it. I CANT SELL IT YET DUE TO THE LAWSUIT,THE LAWYERS TOLD ME.
                  I'd call the finance company & tell them to come and get the thing! The Ford 6.doh is a toilet.
                  John
                  2007-2008-2009-2010-2011 Long Hauler
                  Detroit-Muskegon 2012
                  Couldn't make 2013

Comment

its not financed through a company. its a home equity line of credit so it has a clear title. 12 payments left lol

Comment

Working...
                    X