Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forum Freak spare tire interchange thread

Originally posted by blublazin
    5 HRPT long hauls. Never carried a spare anything. I drive a chevy, never needed. ;D
    Dude, don't temp karma. ;D
    Non-denominational car nut.
    Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
    Do you go all the way?

Comment

AAA, Hagerty?s free towing, debit/credit cards plus factory mini spare. However since the car has been lowered I?m heavily dependent on the rosary. Still waiting to hear if my guardian angel is up for the tour. :
      a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

:AAA Hagerty also free towing cash Debit , Credit ,and if that dont work ,I have a brother in law that sell trailers in Gadsden Al. :
        Danny/Zachary
        HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

PINKHEMI will be carrying a full size 245/45/R20 tire only in her challenger, in addition to the donut. It's brand new except for a bit of a flat spot on one part. Would have to be put on the back and "trued up" before going highway speeds. Might help the late model mopar crowd...

How'd it get the flat spot you ask? Well, it involves a brand new challenger, that was on the rear lower part of a transporter, and "may have" "fallen off" "just a little bit" and needed new rear tires. No it wasn't ours. One tire was barely scuffed and that's the one i'm taking. The other is about down to the cords. Someday when these cars become classics I'll ebay it with the full story (and vin hehehe).

Comment

I carry the stock spare, 12 volt compressor and a plug kit. After last year's blow out and the factory air can empty,,,the reason for the compressor. And AAA.
            Living the dream!

Comment

No spare either though I have nittos and they are a sponsor. Maybe I'll just call them if I need a tire ;)
              Powertour off/on since 2002
              sigpic

Comment

James, I'm running Nitto's as well.
                With that said, I have a full size spare Crown Vic police steelie. When you have a binge buying spree of steelies, you end up with a few spares.
                I thought about packing a pair of my Kumho's to burn off, but I want the trunk space.
                Although...the 245/50r16's do smoke nicely...
                Andrew
                1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
                  I don't carry a spare as well. Not that I wouldn't want too, but I can't run anything smaller than a 17" wheel, due to the upgraded Wilwood brakes, and well, I just don't have room for something like that.

My back up you ask? Hagerty Roadside Assistance with FREE towing, Debit/Credit Cards, and USAA Roadside. I'm horrible about carring cash, so don't bother...... ;D
                  I have seen donut spares on 16" and even 17" wheels...might be worth a look. IIRC, my Magnum's spare was an 18" donut. (Something like a T135/90D18, IIRC)
                  John
                  2007-2008-2009-2010-2011 Long Hauler
                  Detroit-Muskegon 2012
                  Couldn't make 2013

Comment

Yep late model stuff has the same issue you do. So 17 and 18" donut spares do exist. Most of them would be a metric bolt pattern but if you dig you may get lucky.

Comment

Working...
                    X