Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage Lift ?

What do you Freaks reccommend?
    i am buying tommarrow and know nothing on this.

4 Post

Backyardbuddy?

thanks
    bob

Re: Garage Lift ?

But the biggest, baddest one you can afford. Back yard buddy sounds cold in the winter. Better put a building around it
    Donna
    Williamston, MI
    Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

I'd go 2 post, much more access to the bottom of the vehicle. How tall is your garage ceiling?
      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Vic just bought a new one he really likes. I'll get him to post details later today. He's on a wrecker call right now.
        Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
        Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

I have a Kwik lift from Oklahoma which is very good for low clearance garage.If you would like to see how it looks go to freewebs.com/houstonfalcons ,click on photos then third photo alblum on the right.One end is secure and the other is lifted by a air operated floor jack.Price is around 1200.00 and is worth every penny ,Oh yes it comes in any powder coat color you want. :
          Danny/Zachary
          HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

I have a backyard buddy and wouldn't change it. It is easy to get a car on and off since I don't have to adjust arms to mate up to the body, and it is much more stable than a two post. I've used it like a large workbench, and I have rolled it outside so I could powerwash the underside of a vehicle. Also, when I got my mill, it was in the way to get it into the machine shop, so I rolled it outside for the day. I've had my wagon up on a two post and was nervous being under it since it was rocking while we were working on it.

Comment

Bob, what is the reason for the lift? Storage, mixed mechanical, or mostly suspension? What is your ceiling height? Some say you should not store on a 2 post for suspension reasons. If you have a larger shop a 4 post can be rolled around, a 2 post is permanently located. I like my Danmar 7X, 4 post with casters. I thought I would have it in one location, but it is working out where I have it now, as needs change I can roll it to a different bay.

here is a link to my manual. I put it together myself with a cherry picker. I did have a friend help stand up the ends.
              http://www.dannmar.com/dannmar-produ...2012-30-08.pdf
              Living the dream!

Comment

Here's a low ceiling (8' 8"), low budget ($30 yardsale) solution.....

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

One thing I really like is when I'm doing work in the interior I can raise the vehicle up and get into the doors without posts in the way. The only problem I've had is working on the left front wheel, it's right where the hose connects to the cylinder and sometimes gets in the way. I plan on moving it to solve that.

Comment

thanks

keep infro coming

I have Dale the Canadian next door

i have to go see his torque arm rear he is putting in cobra for better burn outs

than i am bringing him to my house to measure to make sure this thing fits
                    bob

Earl

That is a copy of my set up now, but you're so much younger than i am.
                    and the 56 transmission changes are becoming a little to often

Comment

I thought back yard buddy was a location not a brand :o As Buddy said, will depend what your primary use will be. You can get in-ground (single, two, or twin posts) or above-ground (stationary[two or four post] or portable [single, double, quad, or four post]). Asymmetrical or symmetrical. Ratings from light duty to several tons. Just make sure it is ALI (American Lift Institute) certified.
                      Donna
                      Williamston, MI
                      Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by 63 falcon
                        I have a Kwik lift from Oklahoma which is very good for low clearance garage.If you would like to see how it looks go to freewebs.com/houstonfalcons ,click on photos then third photo alblum on the right.One end is secure and the other is lifted by a air operated floor jack.Price is around 1200.00 and is worth every penny ,Oh yes it comes in any powder coat color you want. :
                        this one ? (gee how did we know it would be red ;D)

http://houstonfalcons.webs.com/apps/...hotoid=9116542
                        got any more pics ?

Thanks to everyone for info, good Thread Bob !!
                        So. Central PA
                        Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Vsolo
                          Originally posted by 63 falcon
                          this one ? (gee how did we know it would be red ;D)

http://houstonfalcons.webs.com/apps/...hotoid=9116542
                          got any more pics ?

Thanks to everyone for info, good Thread Bob !!

Yes I do have more pics.I will try to put up some more.
                          Danny/Zachary
                          HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Bob,I've had 2- 2 post Asymmetrical lifts and they were great for everything,especially if you work under the car a lot,like I think you do. I now have a drive on 4 post and I thought buy getting the jack plate,you can lift either the front or rear axal it would work out great. But I really don't like it. I have to do too much work just to change the tires when I race. Yea I can, and have wheeled out outside to do other work,but I gotta tell you,I miss the 2 post lift..I use my lift for work on AND for storage so I thought the 4 post would be best. As much as I see you working under your car,and that's just in the pictures you post,I'd tell you to get a 2 post asymmetrical and always leave the windows open so when it is up in the air you can reach in to do what you have to...Good luck with what ever you get..Just make sure you have the height,although they do make a low 2 poster and 4 poaster also.
                            I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Get a 2 post ROTARY Asemetric lift.

Moonshine the official Power Tour Drink.

Comment

Working...
                              X