4/14 - Nostalgic 60's "Odd Rods" Card of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4/14 - Nostalgic 60's "Odd Rods" Card of the Day

During our Spring cleaning looking for yard sale stuff recently, I came across one of my long-lost packed boxes in the attic, which among other things, contained a pack of Odd Rods bubble gum collector cards, that I had stashed away as a kid.

I collected these vintage bubble gum cards circa, 1968-69. Some of the early ones I had peeled off the backing and stuck 'em on my schoolbooks, but fortunately had the foresight to peel them back off and save them, so now I thought I'd share them with you.

So in the fine tradition of my Ed "Big Daddy" Roth - Card of the Day thread (see below), I'll scan and post one every day (when possible), so check back often. More than one today, to catch up to the tread in General Discussion.
    ;)

Ed "Big Daddy" Roth - Card of the Day Thread; http://www.bangshift.com/forum/index.php?topic=5106.0

Re: 3/15 - Nostalgic 60's "Odd Rods" Card of the Day

Comment

Re: 3/16 - Nostalgic 60's "Odd Rods" Card of the Day

We used to try to copy those on to our school note books -
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Re: 3/16 - Nostalgic 60's "Odd Rods" Card of the Day

Comment

Re: 3/17 - Nostalgic 60's "Odd Rods" Card of the Day

Thanks for sharing your Odd Rods. I too think they are way cool. Most know I still have my first car, but also, I have my entire Hot Wheels Collection . . . and my Odd Rod Cards. . . both series. Unfortunately my little brothers have made a few of my favorites disappear. My favorite was no. 25 with the green 67 or 8 Camaro but it was one of their favorites too. Hope you still have that one. Thanks for bringing back memories of collecting bottles for refunds and the smell of white chalked flat bubble gum.

At the SL Party ask me to tell you about crossing the main road to get to the drug store where they sold the cards. There is a reason I don't still have my first StingRay ! Man it had a cool leopard-skin colored banana seat . . . with the tall sissy bar. Seems like yesterday to me.

Hot Rod Hoarder DTB
          DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Originally posted by Dave the Bartender
            I have my entire Hot Wheels Collection . . . and my Odd Rod Cards. . . both series.
            My favorite was no. 25 with the green 67 or 8 Camaro but it was one of their favorites too.
            Hope you still have that one.
            I'd love to see your Hot Wheels, mine are all in "played-with" condition.
            Still got any orange track left ?
            Maybe we can start a Hot Wheel thread ....

I never got Odd Rod card #25 with a Camaro dang it.
            Got #24 and #26, but not #25 ... can you scan and post a pic ?

Here are some of my HW's collecting dust on my shelf:
            (see how good you are - how many can you name ?)

Originally posted by Dave the Bartender
            There is a reason I don't still have my first StingRay ! Man it had a cool leopard-skin colored banana seat . . . with the tall sissy bar. Seems like yesterday to me.
            Yep, that is what reminiscing is all about.
            My Stingray was a blue 3-speed with the ape-hanger handlebars, sparkle banana seat & matching hand-grips, chrome bobtail rear fender and redline tires ... man we was stylin' !!!
            :D

Here's an example of mine (fenderless) that I just found on FeeBay:
            (I also see a cool leopard-skin colored banana seat on the bike on the back right - like yours ?)

Comment

This thread is cool. Funny this should come up....we named our local-out-in-the-boonies car club 'Odd Rods'......proud to report there are 5 members! Even have a t-shirt........ :D
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

That is pretty cool Ed, got any pics of your club t-shirt ?
                The second series of cards was called "Odder Odd Rods"
                ;)

Comment

I have my buttons too, cool !
                  I can name them all. They are the same ones I have. I only got the chrome Mustang from joining the Hot Wheels Club. Think I misplaced my membership card though. I can't quite make out the Aqua roof in the back. I don't think I had that one. Looks kinda like a Twin Mill? Those ugly Deorea's ended up being worth the most . . . I never bought one, go figure.

I cheated . . . I mean traded my little brother for a "Jack Rabbit Special" I still think it is cool, although I bet it has been 6 or 8 years since I looked at it.

BTW the Camaro Odd Rod is on the back of all the first series cards. I have a Hot Wheel that matches, which is my fav.

Whats your fav?

Odd Rods . . . what a GREAT name for a club . . . why does everyone else always come up with the cool stuff?

Not so cool DTB

DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Here ya go Steve, I wear the grey one any time, but the hot pink one is reserved for our local carshow...makes the club/committee members easy to find.......we use the 'pink and black' theme for our signs and banners.

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Oooohhhhh ........ PINK !!!
                      ;D

I'm away camping this weekend, so here are Saturday & Sunday's ....
                      Hey DTB, I had some scans misnamed, is this the #25 you were talking about ?

Comment

Re: 3/20 - Nostalgic 60's "Odd Rods" Card of the Day

I like pink....have several pink ties....and for the record, I also like ABBA, in moderation. ;D
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Re: 3/20 - Nostalgic 60's "Odd Rods" Card of the Day

Comment

Re: 3/21 - Nostalgic 60's "Odd Rods" Card of the Day

As a kid, this was one of my favorites.
                            ;D

Comment

Re: 3/22 - Nostalgic 60's "Odd Rods" Card of the Day

Comment

Working...
                              X