Need your prayers, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your prayers, please

Ken and I got a call from his son at 1 this morning. Our oldest granddaughter Hanna was being transported from the local hospital in Greeley to Children's Hospital in Denver. All we know right now is that she had been sick and had gone to the doctor yesterday. The doc called them at home at 9 last night and told them to get her to the hospital ASAP, her blood sugar was over 800! No other updates yet this morning. We'd certainly appreciate all your prayers. Thanks!

Linda

Re: Need your prayers, please

Linda,hope everything is OK!Sick kids are the worst stress to deal with,keep us posted,get her better,pass best wishes to Ken,godspeed,Shaggn

Comment

Will remember your granddaughter and your family. Our thoughts and prayers go with you.
      1964 Chevelle
      Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
      LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

You got mine.
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Will also remimber Hanna in my prayers .

Comment

Will do Linda!
            "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Same here.

Comment

You got 'em. Keep us posted!
                2006 HRPT LH
                2007 HRPT LH
                2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

Will be thinking of Hanna!

Jill
                  http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i.../Marlin003.jpg

Comment

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Comment

Thanks to you all! It's so good to have great friends! We will probably be heading down to the hospital later this afternoon, will update when we get home. As of 8am she was still in the ER and waiting to be moved to a room and have more tests done. Ken got to talk to her and she said she felt a little better than last night. Thanks again!

Linda

Comment

Hi Linda, we will put Hannah on the prayer chain out here in Ca. We hope she recovers quickly.
                        Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Just got a report and Hanna is heading home. Diagnosis is type 1 diabetes, but blood sugar dropped to 99 by 11am today. We are fortunate that one of the best juvenile diabetes treatment centers (the Barbara Davis Center) is located in Denver. Hanna will go there Monday for a full day of testing and education w/dietitians and doctors. Right now her parents have to check her blood every 1-2 hours and phone the doctor's cell so he can tell them how much insulin to give her. Ken and I will head over to their house around 4 to see her.

Thanks again for all your prayers and continued support! You guys and gals are the best!

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by 1cheapstreet
                            Just got a report and Hanna is heading home. Diagnosis is type 1 diabetes, but blood sugar dropped to 99 by 11am today. We are fortunate that one of the best juvenile diabetes treatment centers (the Barbara Davis Center) is located in Denver. Hanna will go there Monday for a full day of testing and education w/dietitians and doctors. Right now her parents have to check her blood every 1-2 hours and phone the doctor's cell so he can tell them how much insulin to give her. Ken and I will head over to their house around 4 to see her.

Thanks again for all your prayers and continued support! You guys and gals are the best!

Linda
                            Hanna will be on the short list before I end the night - God Speed
                            a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Linda and Ken: as the grandparent of a little girl who is battling leukemia, I would be among the first to say that watching the little ones get sick, and fight a disease, is among the worst experiences; it seems so unfair that the smallest and the most innocent in society should get sick....having said that, please add my thoughts and prayers to you and your family; may everything work out for the best....

Comment

Working...
                              X