Hi everyone! Noob here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone! Noob here...

It's been my dream for years to do the PT and I'm seriously thinking this is the year.

I'll be doing this solo and intend to do the whole thing in a 05 Mustang GT. Any tips for a first timer?

Thanks, Jim.

Re: Hi everyone! Noob here...

First and foremost you need to get hotel rooms fast. Most everyone here on BS have their rooms reserved by November. If not sooner. finding a room on the day is not going to happen. the next thing is to take a look at the list of things to take. and look at other post here. everyone here is more then willing to help you out and believe me they are a great bunch. you will not forget the tour and mostly the friends that you are going to make. One other thing is the the noob gets the first round of cold beverages for the veterans of the tour so be ready for that ;).
    HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Welcome to the forum Jim.... Take bowtiemonster's advice and get those rooms..... Go to the hotel link below and see where everyone is staying and what they paid.... . http://www.bangshift.com/forum/index.php?topic=23422.0
      Let us all know where your driving from.... I would recommend hooking up with others coming from your area.... It's a lot more fun being in a group and they will show you the ropes...... Looking forward to meeting you in Cocoa... You may want to go here http://www.bangshift.com/forum/index.php?topic=25797.0 for information on our Starting Line Party....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      2014 Dodge Ram 1500
      Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
      Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

get ready for the time of your life

where are you driving from

i d s are always nice
        2007 Power Tour Long Haul
        2008 Power Tour Long Haul
        2009 Canadian Points East Tour
        2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
        2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
        2012 Power Tour Long Haul
        2012 Northeast Rod Run
        2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

I am also a kamikaze pilot, this will be my 5th tour - my advice is to get acquainted with the folks on this board as they look out for each other. In this way you will not be touring alone. You can find the various hotels where they are staying by going to the hotel thread.

Originally posted by White05GT
          It's been my dream for years to do the PT and I'm seriously thinking this is the year. I'll be doing this solo and intend to do the whole thing in a 05 Mustang GT. Any tips for a first timer?
          Thanks, Jim.
          a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Jim, welcome to the best forum on the planet !!!

Luckily, you are driving a modern car, so all the reliability issues should not be an issue.
            As the guy's have already said, read this board as much as you can, almost every question you have to ask already has an answer in here somewhere. Just search and check out the threads. If you can't find what you are looking for, just ask, cause everyone on here is willing to help and no one will give you grief (well, once they get to know you, they do, but that's another story, ha, ha, ha).
            :D

One good way to make sure you meet the Forum Freaks going on tour this year, is to sign-up for the Starting Line Party on Saturday night.

Lastly, most of the really pertinent threads are "sticky's" at the top of the board.

See you in Cocoa Beach !!
            8)

Comment

Welcome, Jim! Hope you reserve your rooms and make the 2011 PT, it will literally be the ride of your life! :o

Linda 8)

Comment

Welcome aboard.....you'll like it here as well as being on the PT.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Welcome Jim, to the funny farm, oops, I mean forum!!! This is a great bunch of people! Those of us who aren't crazy are merely insane!
                  Let us know where you are from and what route you are taking to get to Cocoa Beach. There is most likely someone coming from somewhere near you that you could hook up with for the trip.

Definitely come to the starting line party. That's the best way to meet most of us at once! Plus it will be a blast!

Terri ;)
                  Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                  Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59
                    Welcome Jim, to the funny farm, oops, I mean forum!!! This is a great bunch of people! Those of us who aren't crazy are merely insane!
                    Let us know where you are from and what route you are taking to get to Cocoa Beach. There is most likely someone coming from somewhere near you that you could hook up with for the trip.

Definitely come to the starting line party. That's the best way to meet most of us at once! Plus it will be a blast!

Terri ;)
                    Terri ,are you trying to scar the new guy to death on his first trip ??? :o :o
                    Danny/Zachary
                    HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!

Coming from Jacksonville NC (home of Camp Lejeune) 50 miles north of Wilmington. Looks like a straight shot down 95 for the most part. About 10.5 hours to Cocoa according to mapquest.

Now to book some rooms, hope they aren't all booked by now.

Comment

Jim, check out the Forum Freaks Hotel thread, for details on where we all are staying.
                        ;)

Comment

Originally posted by White05GT
                          Thanks for the welcome!

Coming from Jacksonville NC (home of Camp Lejeune) 50 miles north of Wilmington. Looks like a straight shot down 95 for the most part. About 10.5 hours to Cocoa according to mapquest.

Now to book some rooms, hope they aren't all booked by now.
                          GT,
                          You are among friends. This one happens to be in Raleigh. Search for the thread that includes "what to bring". One of us will probably pass the other on the I-95 run. I'll be heading south on Thursday, June 2nd. Get those rooms booked, ASA"F"P. I made my reservations in October, and others also booked that early.
                          Happy Motoring,
                          Charles, AKA; Impala Guy
                          Non-denominational car nut.
                          Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                          Do you go all the way?

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster

Luckily, you are driving a modern car, so all the reliability issues should not be an issue.
                            Bah, what fun is the spectacle of Powertour without some sort of Mechanical hijinks? ;D
                            Ask me how I know... :
                            Andrew
                            1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                            2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76
                              Originally posted by White Monster

Bah, what fun is the spectacle of Powertour without some sort of Mechanical hijinks? ;D
                              Ask me how I know... :
                              Right you are Andrew....... Excitement is loosing a front tire at 70mph..... :o

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                              1966 Plymouth Fury III
                              2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                              Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                              Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X