X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bucky's New Ride

Originally posted by Bucky67
    Originally posted by arrowhead
    Buckys post reminded me that the bird also needs new shoes. Currently, she has BFGoodrich 275/40ZR17 T/A KDWs. Tire Rack has this size tire under the brand BFGoodrich Sport for $130 each and BFGoodrich T/A KDW 2 for $183 each (it appears there is no more of the original T/A KDW). Does anyone have an opinion on whether the KDW 2 is worth the additional coin?
    Tom- I have run BF Goodrich on my cars for the past five years, or so. I have the new KDW Tread Design on Jade, and my 89 IROC-Z Camaro. I took the rear tires off of Jade, and with 5500 miles on them, they looked brand new, and I was able to sell them for $150.00 a piece, because of how little tread was worn on them. Now granted they were 275/35ZR18, but the tread wear, or lack thereof, was amazing! The ones on my IROC are 255/40ZR17 and I have roughly 8,500 miles on them, and the tread wear is awesome. I would be more than happy to shoot you pictures of how they look to date, because they still look brand new.

I know that everyone will have their opinions, and I know that G-Force tires are a little pricey, but it goes with that old saying; you get what you pay for. I, for one, will preach BFG?s until I have a bad experience with them. And yes, Davin, the 02 SS Camaro will be sporting 275/40ZR17 BF Goodrich G-Force KDW New Tread Design when we roll into Cocoa Beach?..
    Don't get me wrong,I like BFG but on a 15 in.rim you have very little choices to choose from.
    Danny/Zachary
    HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Bucky thanks for the pics offer, not necessary. Im just pondering if I want to spend $200 more dollars on tires that will likely be 6+ years old before they are worn out.

[color=blue][i][b]Tom- I have run BF Goodrich on my cars for the past five years, or so. I have the new KDW Tread Design on Jade, and my 89 IROC-Z Camaro. I took the rear tires off of Jade, and with 5500 miles on them, they looked brand new, and I was able to sell them for $150.00 a piece, because of how little tread was worn on them. Now granted they were 275/35ZR18, but the tread wear, or lack thereof, was amazing! The ones on my IROC are 255/40ZR17 and I have roughly 8,500 miles on them, and the tread wear is awesome. I would be more than happy to shoot you pictures of how they look to date, because they still look brand new.
      [/quote]
      a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by 63 falcon
        Originally posted by Bucky67
        Originally posted by arrowhead
        Buckys post reminded me that the bird also needs new shoes. Currently, she has BFGoodrich 275/40ZR17 T/A KDWs. Tire Rack has this size tire under the brand BFGoodrich Sport for $130 each and BFGoodrich T/A KDW 2 for $183 each (it appears there is no more of the original T/A KDW). Does anyone have an opinion on whether the KDW 2 is worth the additional coin?
        Tom- I have run BF Goodrich on my cars for the past five years, or so. I have the new KDW Tread Design on Jade, and my 89 IROC-Z Camaro. I took the rear tires off of Jade, and with 5500 miles on them, they looked brand new, and I was able to sell them for $150.00 a piece, because of how little tread was worn on them. Now granted they were 275/35ZR18, but the tread wear, or lack thereof, was amazing! The ones on my IROC are 255/40ZR17 and I have roughly 8,500 miles on them, and the tread wear is awesome. I would be more than happy to shoot you pictures of how they look to date, because they still look brand new.

I know that everyone will have their opinions, and I know that G-Force tires are a little pricey, but it goes with that old saying; you get what you pay for. I, for one, will preach BFG?s until I have a bad experience with them. And yes, Davin, the 02 SS Camaro will be sporting 275/40ZR17 BF Goodrich G-Force KDW New Tread Design when we roll into Cocoa Beach?..
        Don't get me wrong,I like BFG but on a 15 in.rim you have very little choices to choose from.
        That is very true.... You don't have many choices on a 15" rim, so I know what you're talking about.
        sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
        - George Orwell

Comment

Working...
        X