Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BangShift Forum Upgrade Happening on Wednesday and Thursday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BangShift Forum Upgrade Happening on Wednesday and Thursday!

Yes, freaking finally. The long awaited BangShift forum upgrade will happen on Wednesday and Thursday. This process will have a few steps and will take the forums off-line for certain periods during Wednesday and Thursday. You may stop in here and get a "work in progress" note or something to that effect while the guys at the web company do their work.

What does this mean for you?

You'll have the ability to directly upload photos and stuff to the forums. No more using Photobucket, etc.
    You'll be able to build your own "garage" profiling your cars and sharing photos and information about them.
    You'll be able to use some other new widgets that we'll announce once things are in place.

What YOU will have to do...

Because passwords are protected data, they cannot be transferred to the new board. That means you'll need to request a new password on your first log-in. This is easily accomplished by clicking the forgot password link in the log in window. You'll be e-mailed a new password, which you can change once you have logged in to your account for the first time.

We have had a small band of BS agents get in and try the "new" site, with lots of good feedback and information. They all managed to navigate the password resetting process. (Moderators/Admins) have a different process to go through, but that's not of your concern.

Will there be initial glitches and small issues? Probably, yes. Avatars and other stuff should "make the switch" but if they do not, you'll need to reload them. We'll be available for help via e-mail @ [email protected]

We've obviously spent a bunch of time tweaking and working on this thing so we anticipate that you'll enjoy it. The people who have been to the "other side" and worked with the basic version have all been complimentary and provided awesome feedback that we put to good use.

STAY TUNED TO THIS THREAD FOR INFORMATION AND UPDATES

Brian

That which you manifest is before you.

Re: BangShift Forum Upgrade Happening on Wednesday and Thursday!

OK, so does that mean the post hoaring is going to begin a-new?
    Not happy about losing my post count, but ca-sah-ra-ra-shish-BOOM-BA.
    ;D
    Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Oh Great!..and i just figured out how to set the clock on my VCR......
      Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

Originally posted by fine59
        Oh Great!..and i just figured out how to set the clock on my VCR......
        Boy I hope it will be this easy ;D ahahaahahahah (pun intended)
        http://www.motelmag.com/articles/clock.html ;D

Good luck to Brian and the geeks , it's a tough jobs but we'll all be better for it
        So. Central PA
        Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

this should be interesting
          2007 Power Tour Long Haul
          2008 Power Tour Long Haul
          2009 Canadian Points East Tour
          2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
          2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
          2012 Power Tour Long Haul
          2012 Northeast Rod Run
          2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Looking forward to the upgrade Brian
            200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
            Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Not sure when that article was written, but it is somewhat antiquated, referring to a VCR.
              Have not seen one of those units in quite some time.
              We have already surpassed this ancient technology, the DVD has come and gone, and now we are on Blu-ray.

For your "I learned something today" lesson; the name Blu-ray refers to the blue laser used to read the disc, which allows information to be stored at a greater density than is possible with the longer-wavelength red laser used for DVDs.

Try to catch up everyone, and learn how to set the time on your Blu-ray player !!!
              ;D

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                Not sure when that article was written, but it is somewhat antiquated, referring to a VCR.
                Have not seen one of those units in quite some time.
                We have already surpassed this ancient technology, the DVD has come and gone, and now we are on Blu-ray.

For your "I learned something today" lesson; the name Blu-ray refers to the blue laser used to read the disc, which allows information to be stored at a greater density than is possible with the longer-wavelength red laser used for DVDs.

Try to catch up everyone, and learn how to set the time on your Blu-ray player !!!
                ;D
                Oh man, now we have to do it with pictures
                http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/...=0&PROD_ID=819 ;D ;D ;D
                So. Central PA
                Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Can't wait to see the upgrades, thanks Brian and crew!! :-* I did lose my avatar a couple of days ago, did the change start early?

Linda 8)

Comment

Originally posted by 1cheapstreet
                    I did lose my avatar a couple of days ago, did the change start early?
                    No Linda, that is a PhotoBucket issue.
                    ;)

Comment

Great, about time I say.

While you're at it it would be nice to have Tapatalk? functionality when making posts from a mobile device.
                      Powertour off/on since 2002
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bishir
                        While you're at it it would be nice to have Tapatalk? functionality when making posts from a mobile device.
                        See Chad's post below ....
                        ;)

Originally posted by BangShiftChad
                        Please let us know if you have problems once we get things rolling.

We don't need the, "oh i wish it did this" or "I like xyz feature on this forum".

What we do need, is detailed info if you have a login, or other functionality issue.
                        Brian and I are available, email us, we'll respond and we'll make it right.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                          Originally posted by bishir
                          See Chad's post below ....
                          ;)

Originally posted by BangShiftChad
                          Please let us know if you have problems once we get things rolling.

We don't need the, "oh i wish it did this" or "I like xyz feature on this forum".

What we do need, is detailed info if you have a login, or other functionality issue.
                          Brian and I are available, email us, we'll respond and we'll make it right.
                          I'm sure Chad meant E-mailed to them. Unless I read otherwise, I'll assume the forum is still open for wish lists.
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

The functionality will be what the V-Bulletin software already has .... we are not implementing new stuff.
                            ;)

Comment

just like waiting for Christmas it seems to take forever to get here

or the beginning of POWER TOUR
                              2007 Power Tour Long Haul
                              2008 Power Tour Long Haul
                              2009 Canadian Points East Tour
                              2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
                              2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
                              2012 Power Tour Long Haul
                              2012 Northeast Rod Run
                              2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Working...
                              X