Clear All

• Cruise Control?

i NEED to install cruise control
    car is standard tranmission now
    cheap and simiple? i will bypass safety's for off road use
    JC Whitney?
    thanks
    bob

PS: lifts are great for old people, i signed up for SS on line, first check May 11

Try these guys.. They make retro OEM style with modern electronics.

Rostra Accessories is a wholly-owned subsidiary of VOXX International Corporation, a global supplier of mobile and consumer electronics products. Rostra is a leading manufacturer of automotive comfort, safety, and convenience accessories including electronic cruise control systems, LED lighting, exterior vehicle camera systems, automotive lumbar supports and seat heaters, add-on navigation systems, driver alert systems, and more.

Comment

this thread is freakin scary, freakin scary I tell you

Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
      i NEED to install cruise control
      booby
      a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

IF he would take the garage door springs of the throttle linkage he woundn't have as much trouble holding it in one place!

Comment

I put cruise control on my standard trans. on a 85 S10 Blazer. Worked great. Bought it at Monkey wards.
          OH YEAH
          Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

This IS scary.....I thought the 56 only had 3 throttle positions: OFF, Tire Smokin', and WOT. :-)
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Sometimes I feel like a Nancy in regards to it..
              I was almost going to install cruise control on my Camaro and then decided not to, but the idea is still not totally out of the question.
              I have a Holden Statesman which is the luxury version of the Pontiac G8 although an earlier model (2000), and I've found that I use it almost every mile I drive. It's so handy and effortless.
              With a 5200 converter, I know it's going to be hard not to accidently go over the limit.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                IF he would take the garage door springs of the throttle linkage he woundn't have as much trouble holding it in one place!
                that all goes back tu?

u and DW 09

Mike two

and donna watched

boob
                Last edited by 1956NY150; April 23, 2011, 08:09 AM.

Comment

I have installed the Rosta type cruise control on three different vehicles and could not be happier.

The Rosta is available branded as Rosta, Dakota Digital, Audiovox as well as others.

It's really a simple install and takes very little time and effort to 'fine tune' it once installed.

And it sure is easier on my old tired knees.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by eloutlet; April 23, 2011, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                    Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
                    that all goes back tu?

u and DW 09

Mike two

and donna watched

boob
                    I know not of what you speak

You could always cut a stick to length then add/subtract shims to set proper speed
                    Donna
                    Williamston, MI
                    Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Never heard anything bad about the Dakota Digital setup...one guy on HR's board said it installed in an hour.

I would never even consider Power Touring without A/C and cruise control!
                      John
                      2007-2008-2009-2010-2011 Long Hauler
                      Detroit-Muskegon 2012
                      Couldn't make 2013

Comment

booby a Nancy!, no way.... I know booby and he don't need no stinkin cruise control, not when theres a Nancy with the kit!

[QUOTE=BlackoutSteve;516679]Sometimes I feel like a Nancy in regards to it..
                        QUOTE]
                        a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by tcbnj View Post
                          booby a Nancy!, no way.... I know booby and he don't need no stinkin cruise control, not when theres a Nancy with the kit!

Originally posted by BlackoutSteve View Post
                          Sometimes I feel like a Nancy in regards to it..
                          Well we both know that boob(y) is a nancy cause he drives a cheverolet.

I am not sure that anyone that drives on the street with a 5200 stall would be called a nancy unless they were on the East German luge team!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarlaxle View Post
                            Never heard anything bad about the Dakota Digital setup...one guy on HR's board said it installed in an hour.

I would never even consider Power Touring without A/C and cruise control!
                            I have an aftermarket CC unit on the Impy. It's a worthwihle addition.
                            Non-denominational car nut.
                            Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                            Do you go all the way?

Comment

Bob...I did it last year, no cruise with the 4 speed. I never got around to installing the servo to the firewall and swapping wheels {I want to retain an original Torino / LTD cruise wheel}
                              If we are able to make the show this year...I'll be probably full manual mode again.
                              Andrew
                              1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                              2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Working...
                              X