Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh no, love bugs are emerging in Florida.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember them from the 05 PT...they are like the beetles in South Dakota, huge buggers!

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76 View Post
      Love bug?

Here is a love bug I would not mind having...
      Top ones are Lady Bugs, not Love bugs. Love Bugs are black & stringy, they swarm on highways. They were gone by the time the Tour started in Orlando
      LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Love bugs look like lightning bugs to me. Except they don't light up and they are constantly mating. ( hence their name) you hardly ever see a single love bug as they fly attached in their own form of the mile high club but much closer to the ground.
        Powertour off/on since 2002
        sigpic

Comment

I smashed some on the way back from the sumnter county swap meet.

79 malibu that hopefully makes it for 3000 miles

Made it with no breakdowns, missing 2012

Comment

Is it just me OR are they different this year? They are a month early but what seems really different to me is that they are swarming me in the garage/driveway while I am working on my car!

Comment

They are a little early this year, but it got hot real quick real early this year. I think that brought them out. But I've always had them swarm me were I live. If you live in a place that has alot of grass thatch they really come out.
              Last edited by Phoneguy; May 1, 2011, 06:35 PM.
              79 malibu that hopefully makes it for 3000 miles

Made it with no breakdowns, missing 2012

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                Is it just me OR are they different this year? They are a month early but what seems really different to me is that they are swarming me in the garage/driveway while I am working on my car!
                They are just trying to show you some love
                Donna
                Williamston, MI
                Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Take it from a Florida resident that has dealt with these pest for many moons.. After countless attempts to find a way to make it easier to remove the one and only Plecia nearctica.....or Lovebug to the snowbirds
                  I use Non Lemon Pledge for the bumper, frontal area and mirrors along with a heavy coat of RainX on the windshield. To remove the bugs that end up like bin Laden... use dryer sheets ..You can even wet the sheets if need be. I have also used Baking Soda before but dryer sheets are easier to carry around and all can be found in any food store

My Garage
                  Last edited by ~~Mutt~~; May 2, 2011, 05:34 AM.
                  My Garage

Comment

Just pray those buggers aren't in full bloom come the first week of June. That's really something I don't want to deal with.
                    Powertour off/on since 2002
                    sigpic

Comment

They were not so bad today going from Tampa to Cocoa and back on I-4.. This was light compared to when it is in full swing. Just hit it with the pressure washer..RainX the windshield again..and tomorrow is another day ..
                      My Garage

Comment

I think I will make a screen for my grill to keep the bugs out??
                        Danny/Zachary
                        HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

That's not a bad idea.......Earl is a flat-fronted as that truck so nothing misses him.....
                          Last edited by oletrux4evr; May 3, 2011, 04:45 PM.
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                          X