2011 Trans Am and GTO on American Choppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Trans Am and GTO on American Choppers

My friend is part owner in Trans Am Depot. ( TransAmDepot.com) They thought since Pontiac missed the boat on continuing the legacy of the Trans Am, they would figure out a way to create their own version. Using a new Camaro they created a new Trans Am and a new GTO. The Trans Am debuted at SEMA last year and when Paul Sr. from Orange County Choppers saw it, he knew he had to have one.

One thing led to another and OCC built three Choppers to match Trans Am Depot’s three signature cars. They filmed the whole process for two episodes of the Discovery Channel’s American Choppers, and it will be on next week. I was lucky enough to attend the “reveal” in Boston MA at the World of Wheels Car Show and I think it will be worth watching. The programing says this Monday nite the 9th and next Monday nite the 16th, but you never know with TV ! Hey look for DTB in the back ground of the reveal. I will be wearing a bright orange shirt and smilin like a possum eatin shit !!!
    Still Smilin DTB
    Last edited by Dave the Bartender II; May 4, 2011, 08:10 AM. Reason: I cut off part of me post ???

Cool, you got friends everywhere Dave. I haven't seen the show, but was it this one, or one like it?

If so awesome, I always like Trans Ams better. Especially the 89 Turbo TA.
    Powertour off/on since 2002
    sigpic

Comment

When will it be on TV??
      Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
      Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Hey Bishir !
        Yes it is. They were in Hot Rod a few years ago with the proto type and now it has evolved into the production car. I think the new cars will be featured in Hot Rod again (soon) and they just took Paul Sr's Black "Hurst" Trans Am for a photo shoot last week, to High Performance Pontiac Magazine's place in Tampa.
        There are some great stories I could tell but I hate to ruin anything they might show on the episodes of American Chopper . . . BUT . . . it might be worth watching just to see Sr. scatter the drive shaft all over the track in Gainesville when he drove the 1200 hp twin turbo, white car !
        Hope Discovery does a good job. The camera crew was great, but they aren't the editors.

Trans Am fan too DTB

Comment

Some how my "expert" computer skills allowed me to CUT OFF the last part of my post ?
          I'll try to fix the original post !
          DTB
          Last edited by Dave the Bartender II; May 4, 2011, 08:13 AM. Reason: Fixed original post !

Comment

DTB makes TV!!! Woot, Woot!!! Dave sent me pix of the black "FireHawk". It's totally apeshit awesome!!!!
            Last edited by elcaminogirl59; May 4, 2011, 08:11 AM.
            Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
            Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

I'll try this again - Here's some of Dave's pics -

Phil / Omaha

Comment

Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                  DTB makes TV!!! Woot, Woot!!! Dave sent me pix of the black "FireHawk". It's totally apeshit awesome!!!!
                  Yes it is awesome. Now I have a picture of it in my driveway ! Jenny and I want it ! She likes the way it drives and I like the 600 hp ! Sr. drove the FireHawk for the first time in Gainesville (home of the Gatornationals) with his motorcycle boots on . . . and ran a 12 flat at 117 mph. So it runs and drives as good as it looks.

We tried a twelve flat too at 55 Summer Street but ran out of room by the time we reached Main Street in downtown Sopchoppy Thank goodness for the big ass Brembo brakes !

We will have one at the Starting Line Party . . . so says Jim. He will be driving his personal T/A. They are assembling it now. I say, "they have a lot of work to do in just three weeks" But hey we have all been there ! Good luck Jim and crew !

DTB

Comment

Dave, I looked up Sopchoppy on wikipedia because I always figured it was a nickname for where you live as opposed to an actual town name. Come to find out I was half right. Anyway, checkout the last line in the Demographics section:

Powertour off/on since 2002
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bishir View Post
                      Dave, I looked up Sopchoppy on wikipedia because I always figured it was a nickname for where you live as opposed to an actual town name. Come to find out I was half right. Anyway, checkout the last line in the Demographics section:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sopchoppy,_Florida
                      I was just reading along thinking yeah, yeah, okay that is Sopchoppy all right . . . Then I get to the DTB line and busted out lauging. Several colleagues came over to my office to ask what was so funny ! I couldn't even answer them ! James, that was some funny shit and you caught me SO off guard. Didn't realize you had such a sense of humor. Bishir one , DTB zero ! I owe ya one.

Cheers my friend . . . Ya SOB !

DTB

Comment

I saw the cars at the Charlotte Autofest last month. I actually think the GTO has better proportions than the T/A, but I may be biased (owns a '04 GTO).
                        Non-denominational car nut.
                        Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                        Do you go all the way?

Comment

Here's the dyno graph from the white TT Trans Am: http://www.diyautotune.com/american_...yno_graph.html

We brought our dyno down to assist with the tune and the shoot -- played a pretty small role and just got a couple banners on the show. Figured people may enjoy a look at the dyno graph tho!

Jerry a.k.a. 'FoundSoul'
                          DIYAutoTune.com
                          Jerry Hoffmann a.k.a. 'FoundSoul'
                          http://www.DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

Jerry, I heard ALL good things about y'all. You are a first class outfit !

If I was the owner of Trans Am Depot I would have been very happy with last nights show. They mentioned the TAD name about 15 times and showed the logo A LOT. They showed the old shop too, which is pretty impressive with a bunch of cool muscle cars stored there.

Next week's should be the good episode, especially since they didn't show any of the drag testing, so I am sure it will be on next Monday night. The White car proved that 1100 hp is a little much for a street car and slung the driveshaft all over the track . . . Right Jerry? DTB wasn't there but did see some pictures.

Jim is still thrashing to bring his new Trans Am to the first 3 stops of the Tour . . . and the Starting Line Party. Custom Cars never fall together, keep wrenchin Jim and crew !!! I have a feeling y'all are going to be much busier, very soon.

Cheers TAD, DTB

Comment

I've got a pic of the twisted driveshaft somewhere from the white car, apparently first time they tried to launch it it pretzeled and the car moved maybe 2 feet. I don't think Government Motors designed it for that kindof torque ;).

Lemme go try and dig that pic up....

DIYAutoTune.com
                              Last edited by FoundSoul; May 10, 2011, 08:06 AM.
                              http://www.DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

Working...
                              X