No announcement yet.

2011 Trans Am and GTO on American Choppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blown torque fuse. Need a higher amp replacement.

Jerry Hoffmann a.k.a. 'FoundSoul'
    DIYAutoTune.com
    http://www.DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

Sorry I can't resist captioning this picture. From left to right.

Kyle, "yeah, I didn't have to wrench this SOB out !"
      Troy, "yeah, it wasn't my motor that let go !"
      Jerry (I guess) "Yeah, it didn't break on my Dyno !"
      Scott, " S*** I have to pay for this. Hello, is this Driveline Specialities?"

Great pic Found Soul
      Just another day at the shop eh.
      Not so twisted DTB

Comment

Watched American Choppers last night. Have already seen pics of the cars (courtesy of DTB). Thought they did a good job of promoting TAD, but wish they would have shown the graphics on the "FireHawk"! That car is sooooooo awesome!!! Hoping they might show it next Monday!
        Last edited by elcaminogirl59; May 10, 2011, 07:56 PM.
        Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
        Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

I would buy the GTO!!!
          HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
          DW- 12,16,17
          "Stay thirsty my friends"
          The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Originally posted by RAIV70Judge View Post
            I would buy the GTO!!!
            They have orders for several. I think Sr's will be a convertible. He is a GTO nut ! My neighbor, Scooter, just picked up a new SS and is talking to Jim "TAD" about converting it to a GTO. It looks even better in person ! They are geared up to start conversions in the fall but have so many orderers already that it may be tough to get the work done in a timely manner. If you know anybody serious about a TAD car, have them see Jim on one of the first three stops of the Tour. He loves to talk about the cars. My guess is now that the proto types are done, the production cars will start to roll out of the shop at a pretty good clip, here in Tallahassee.

RAIV70Judge if you order one today you will be in the group of the first 50

Mixin up drinks . . . and deals, DTB

Comment

Originally posted by Dave the Bartender II View Post
              They have orders for several. I think Sr's will be a convertible. He is a GTO nut ! My neighbor, Scooter, just picked up a new SS and is talking to Jim "TAD" about converting it to a GTO. It looks even better in person ! They are geared up to start conversions in the fall but have so many orderers already that it may be tough to get the work done in a timely manner. If you know anybody serious about a TAD car, have them see Jim on one of the first three stops of the Tour. He loves to talk about the cars. My guess is now that the proto types are done, the production cars will start to roll out of the shop at a pretty good clip, here in Tallahassee.

RAIV70Judge if you order one today you will be in the group of the first 50

Mixin up drinks . . . and deals, DTB
              Dave,
              How would I find some more info on say........placing an order?? You know......just for curiosity's sake.
              HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
              DW- 12,16,17

Comment

For curiosity reasons : TransAmDepot.com
                For more serious inquiries, I could PM ya Jim's cell number. Or wait a month and talk to him in Cocoa or at the Starting Line Party.

I have some basic info, because I am looking into a TA for my wife . . . well dreamin actually.

Camaro of your choice with what ever options you want. My guess around $34 g's.
                Then $20 to $40 on top of that for basic conversion and options. The basic conversion is worth the money (if ya have it) because a lot goes into it. The custom snowflake billet wheels and tires are worth a chunk in themselves. (my guess . . . $6500?) Then the custom hood, scoops, and lowering kit. The BMW headlights are about $600 alone. Anyway my own personal guesstimation says the conversion is not over priced. Cheaper than an CTV or an Escalade.
                If we are lucky enought to put one in our driveway I am guessing about $55 without any horsepower improvements. 426 is enough for "867-5309"

If cost isn't an issue, I think they have about a buck 40 in the white T/A with a custom drop top, 1100 hp, 9 in., roll cage, sound system . . . well you get the idea.

All this is my opinion. Trans Am Depot has the facts, DTB

Comment

Originally posted by Dave the Bartender II View Post
                  Sorry I can't resist captioning this picture. From left to right.

Kyle, "yeah, I didn't have to wrench this SOB out !"
                  Troy, "yeah, it wasn't my motor that let go !"
                  Jerry (I guess) "Yeah, it didn't break on my Dyno !"
                  Scott, " S*** I have to pay for this. Hello, is this Driveline Specialities?"

Great pic Found Soul
                  Just another day at the shop eh.
                  Not so twisted DTB

I'm actually not in that pic, not sure who #3 is. Tod sent this up to me the day after we left.

Looking forward to Monday's episode. Hopefully TAD gets a bunch more exposure, and I gotta say I hope we get some more too ;).
                  http://www.DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

Thanks Dave. When I showed the pictures of the GTO to my wife, she said to get it! So we have some thinking to do. I will look for someone to talk to while on the tour! Thanks again!
                    HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                    DW- 12,16,17

Comment

Originally posted by RAIV70Judge View Post
                      Thanks Dave. When I showed the pictures of the GTO to my wife, she said to get it! So we have some thinking to do. I will look for someone to talk to while on the tour! Thanks again!
                      It is looking promising for Jim to be at the Starting Line Party on Sat nite. The latest scoop is the T/A is in the paint booth. TAD is really trying to button up this car for the Tour. I think this would be the best time to talk to Jim, cause he will probably be pretty busy talking to folks in Cocoa. He is a hard core muscle car guy, but his focus this year will be talking about TAD's cars.

If this GTO bug is really biting you, why not talk to Jim and arrange swinging through Tallahassee on the way to Sanford? I don't know if it will be at a show during that time, but chances are it will be right there, at the shop. His T/A has a very different look than the Goat so to see the Goat in person may be worth the 3 hr detour. Additionally we have a very nice Auto Museum less than 15 min from TAD's shop. Pretty sure they have two Tuckers, two or three Batmobiles, Bat boat, Bat bike . . . never mind, off on a tangent.

I don't think the show monday nite will have too much footage on the GTO, considering they were working on it, in the trailer, on the way to Boston. It was quite a thrash to get there for the unveiling.

Never on time DTB

Comment

Matt, if you do that I'll meet you in Tallahassee. I'll be the guy in the background saying, "do it, you know you want it" hehe
                        Powertour off/on since 2002
                        sigpic

Comment

Matt, if you do that detour, I'm so with you brother!!! I watched the first episode, and those cars look Sickly Awesome, and that's coming from a Die Hard Camaro Fan!!! I like the Pontiac conversion a LOT better than the 69 Camaro conversion that we saw on the 5th Gen Camaro last year...
                          sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                          - George Orwell

Comment

Saw DTB on American Choppers tonite!!!! He was in the background shot at the reveal in Boston. You do get around, man!!!!!
                            Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                            Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

We may do the detour, have to wait to see.
                              HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                              DW- 12,16,17

Comment

I was a little disappointed that Trans Am Depot was up-staged by Gus the Dog. Oh well . . . that’s show biz baby !

I was amazed how many hours and hours of filming ends up being 15 minutes of air time. They filmed TAD in Tallahassee, Gainesville (at the track), Orange County, and Boston. IMO a lot of good stuff was edited. I am glad I was able to experience the MotorHead stuff first hand, because viewers were overloaded with Teutul drama. Once again, “That’s show biz eh!”

One very cool thing is the CEO and President of Hurst Shifters (who they didn’t even acknowledge) presented the Black “Hurst” Trans Am to Sr. in Boston. Guess Sr. didn’t want viewers to know it was his? He also didn’t mention he ordered a GTO too? Still Tod from TAD got his time in the spotlight and did a good job for someone with very little public speaking experience. His name isn’t Tucker, Delorean, Roush, Saleen or Lingenfelter, but to come this far is pretty impressive for a couple of brothers who run a small business of restoring muscle cars for a living. Cheers to TAD and the MANY hard working folks who helped get them this far !

Lastly, thanks to everyone who PMed and texted me. The general replies were, “Yes, we saw your ugly ass on TV . . . and NO we don’t want your damn autograph!” I say, "Thanks to all who watched anyway."

The far from devastated, DTB

Comment

Working...
                                X