• Show
Clear All

• RAIV70Judge
    replied
    I would buy the GTO!!!

Leave a comment:

• elcaminogirl59
    replied
    Watched American Choppers last night. Have already seen pics of the cars (courtesy of DTB). Thought they did a good job of promoting TAD, but wish they would have shown the graphics on the "FireHawk"! That car is sooooooo awesome!!! Hoping they might show it next Monday!
    Last edited by elcaminogirl59; May 10, 2011, 07:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dave the Bartender II
    replied
    Sorry I can't resist captioning this picture. From left to right.

Kyle, "yeah, I didn't have to wrench this SOB out !"
    Troy, "yeah, it wasn't my motor that let go !"
    Jerry (I guess) "Yeah, it didn't break on my Dyno !"
    Scott, " S*** I have to pay for this. Hello, is this Driveline Specialities?"

Great pic Found Soul
    Just another day at the shop eh.
    Not so twisted DTB

Leave a comment:

• FoundSoul
    replied

Blown torque fuse. Need a higher amp replacement.

Jerry Hoffmann a.k.a. 'FoundSoul'
    DIYAutoTune.com

Leave a comment:

• FoundSoul
    replied
    I've got a pic of the twisted driveshaft somewhere from the white car, apparently first time they tried to launch it it pretzeled and the car moved maybe 2 feet. I don't think Government Motors designed it for that kindof torque ;).

Lemme go try and dig that pic up....

Jerry Hoffmann a.k.a. 'FoundSoul'
    DIYAutoTune.com
    Last edited by FoundSoul; May 10, 2011, 08:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dave the Bartender II
    replied
    Jerry, I heard ALL good things about y'all. You are a first class outfit !

If I was the owner of Trans Am Depot I would have been very happy with last nights show. They mentioned the TAD name about 15 times and showed the logo A LOT. They showed the old shop too, which is pretty impressive with a bunch of cool muscle cars stored there.

Next week's should be the good episode, especially since they didn't show any of the drag testing, so I am sure it will be on next Monday night. The White car proved that 1100 hp is a little much for a street car and slung the driveshaft all over the track . . . Right Jerry? DTB wasn't there but did see some pictures.

Jim is still thrashing to bring his new Trans Am to the first 3 stops of the Tour . . . and the Starting Line Party. Custom Cars never fall together, keep wrenchin Jim and crew !!! I have a feeling y'all are going to be much busier, very soon.

Cheers TAD, DTB

Leave a comment:

• FoundSoul
    replied
    Here's the dyno graph from the white TT Trans Am: http://www.diyautotune.com/american_...yno_graph.html

We brought our dyno down to assist with the tune and the shoot -- played a pretty small role and just got a couple banners on the show. Figured people may enjoy a look at the dyno graph tho!

Jerry a.k.a. 'FoundSoul'
    DIYAutoTune.com

Leave a comment:

• Impala_Guy
    replied
    I saw the cars at the Charlotte Autofest last month. I actually think the GTO has better proportions than the T/A, but I may be biased (owns a '04 GTO).

Leave a comment:

• Dave the Bartender II
    replied
    Originally posted by bishir View Post
    Dave, I looked up Sopchoppy on wikipedia because I always figured it was a nickname for where you live as opposed to an actual town name. Come to find out I was half right. Anyway, checkout the last line in the Demographics section:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sopchoppy,_Florida
    I was just reading along thinking yeah, yeah, okay that is Sopchoppy all right . . . Then I get to the DTB line and busted out lauging. Several colleagues came over to my office to ask what was so funny ! I couldn't even answer them ! James, that was some funny shit and you caught me SO off guard. Didn't realize you had such a sense of humor. Bishir one , DTB zero ! I owe ya one.

Cheers my friend . . . Ya SOB !

DTB

Leave a comment:

• bishir
    replied
    Dave, I looked up Sopchoppy on wikipedia because I always figured it was a nickname for where you live as opposed to an actual town name. Come to find out I was half right. Anyway, checkout the last line in the Demographics section:

Leave a comment:

• Dave the Bartender II
    replied
    Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
    DTB makes TV!!! Woot, Woot!!! Dave sent me pix of the black "FireHawk". It's totally apeshit awesome!!!!
    Yes it is awesome. Now I have a picture of it in my driveway ! Jenny and I want it ! She likes the way it drives and I like the 600 hp ! Sr. drove the FireHawk for the first time in Gainesville (home of the Gatornationals) with his motorcycle boots on . . . and ran a 12 flat at 117 mph. So it runs and drives as good as it looks.

We tried a twelve flat too at 55 Summer Street but ran out of room by the time we reached Main Street in downtown Sopchoppy Thank goodness for the big ass Brembo brakes !

We will have one at the Starting Line Party . . . so says Jim. He will be driving his personal T/A. They are assembling it now. I say, "they have a lot of work to do in just three weeks" But hey we have all been there ! Good luck Jim and crew !

DTB

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    I'll try this again - Here's some of Dave's pics -

Leave a comment:

• elcaminogirl59
    replied
    DTB makes TV!!! Woot, Woot!!! Dave sent me pix of the black "FireHawk". It's totally apeshit awesome!!!!
    Last edited by elcaminogirl59; May 4, 2011, 08:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dave the Bartender II
    replied
    Some how my "expert" computer skills allowed me to CUT OFF the last part of my post ?
    I'll try to fix the original post !
    DTB
    Last edited by Dave the Bartender II; May 4, 2011, 08:13 AM. Reason: Fixed original post !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X