Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one that can't leave anything alone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one that can't leave anything alone?

I just can't leave my car alone. Here it is 30 days from power tour and my car is working fine, and I have to go and mess with it. I decided I don't like the weak front springs under the big block, so I go out and get a pair out of an s10 blazer. Now I have to go rent a coil spring compressor because I can't get them in. I fought one side for about 2 hours and gave up. I come back to the house around 10:30 and ask my wife why can't I just leave stuff alone?

Anyway I guess I'm going to get a spring compressor and try again tonight or tomorrow. On another note I'm trying to scheme a way to afford a set of 17" wheels. I'm really tired of the drag racer look.
    79 malibu that hopefully makes it for 3000 miles

Made it with no breakdowns, missing 2012

Readjusted the oil cooler takeoff between block and filter just for something to do.
    Left one hose nearly touching the header.
    Result,burned hole in hose, high vol. pump pushed out all my oil.
    Truck the car home 100 miles.
    Luckily did
    Last edited by malc; May 5, 2011, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Luckily did

Comment

I give up here.

Comment

Be careful with those springs. Those things always scare me.
          Powertour off/on since 2002
          sigpic

Comment

I've changed alot of coil springs and this is the first time I need a spring compressor. Oh well I have to get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoneguy View Post
              I just can't leave my car alone. Here it is 30 days from power tour and my car is working fine, and I have to go and mess with it. I decided I don't like the weak front springs under the big block, so I go out and get a pair out of an s10 blazer. Now I have to go rent a coil spring compressor because I can't get them in. I fought one side for about 2 hours and gave up. I come back to the house around 10:30 and ask my wife why can't I just leave stuff alone?

Anyway I guess I'm going to get a spring compressor and try again tonight or tomorrow. On another note I'm trying to scheme a way to afford a set of 17" wheels. I'm really tired of the drag racer look.

I think it's Kragen Auto Supply that has a bunch of tools for use. You pay for the tool and they give you your money back when you return it. I used the spring compressors when I was in Ohio for new front springs in my 67 Nova..Check them out on line.If it's not Kragen check Auto Zone or Pep Boys. It's one of them and it is no cost to use..
              I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

If you left it alone - it wouldn't be a hotrod - and you wouldn't be a bangshifter!

Do be careful with those cool spring compressors - and here's to hoping you get the stance you want when this job is over.
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                  If you left it alone - it wouldn't be a hotrod - and you wouldn't be a bangshifter!

Do be careful with those cool spring compressors - and here's to hoping you get the stance you want when this job is over.
                  There the next thing, you know it won't be right the first time. Either it will sit too high or it will be too stiff for a good ride. But if I don't like them I can take them back to the junkyard and swap them out for a different pair.

Comment

see my stripes thread ... i know where you are coming from ! To top it off its a new car to boot !
                    Has anyone seen my fan?

Comment

I have the springs in. With 1/2 a coil cut it raised the front up about an inch, which is about what I wanted. However even after driving around the block the drivers side is 1/2" higher than the passenger. But who knows how well the fenders are aligned or anything else. I guess it's compensation for my fat butt. I will have to say though even without the shocks in ( I only went around the block) it drives alot better. Tomorrow night I'll get the shocks in and drive it for a few days.

Comment

I just replaced the passenger side floor pan and toe board. I'm trying to limit my projects till after power tour.
                        It's a Tri-Power Inline six [email protected] in the 1/8th

Comment

I need to stop messing with it, but for some reason I can't. I guess it wouldn't be the same if I wasn't running around at the last minute.

Comment

The progress thread I started...hell, I just got my springs swapped out, nothing like some 700# rate springs to liven things up a bit.
                            I hate springs. Have one fly past your head at a high rate of speed and you learn to respect them.
                            Andrew
                            1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                            2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76 View Post
                              The progress thread I started...hell, I just got my springs swapped out, nothing like some 700# rate springs to liven things up a bit.
                              I hate springs. Have one fly past your head at a high rate of speed and you learn to respect them.
                              Been there done that.
                              Danny/Zachary
                              HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Working...
                              X