No announcement yet.

Ok so can we get it all in one list....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok so can we get it all in one list....

So I see in different links mentioned cool things happening at each stop. Can we start a list of every day listed then ALL the options of things going on? Kinda like a shopping list for fun Post up all the events and cool stop off points you know of and I or who ever can make a complete list

hm I thought it sounded like a good idea....

Comment

Well, Friday in Daytona, is the VA show. In Cocoa Beach, registration, followed by the Cruise night.
      Saturday: Power Tour, and the Kickoff Party in Sanford.
      Sunday: The NASA tour, breakfast at the Sanford IHOP, and cruise to Valdosta. Parking lot parties.
      Monday: Cruise to Montgomery. Parking lot parties at all hotels.
      Tuesday: Cruise to Nashville. Go hear some country music, or, parking lot parties at all hotels.
      Wednesday: Cruise to Indy. After hours parties/cruises at Suds, or Ratskeller's. Parties at all hotel parking lots.
      Thursday: Cruise to Muskegon. Tons of stuff going there. Hotel parking lot parties also.
      Friday: Cruise to Detroit. BBQ at the HEI on 1100 Road. Other hotels offer parking lot parties.
      Saturday: LongHauler ceremony at the GM Test Facility. Scatter like quail afterwards.
      Car washes at each stop.
      How's that?
      Last edited by oletrux4evr; May 9, 2011, 07:02 PM.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
        Well, Friday in Daytona, is the VA show. In Cocoa Beach, registration, followed by the Cruise night.
        Sunday: The NASA tour, breakfast at the Sanford IHOP, and cruise to Valdosta. Parking lot parties.
        Tuesday: Cruise to Nashville. Go hear some country music, or, parking lot parties at all hotels.
        Wednesday: Cruise to Indy. After hours parties/cruises at Suds, or Ratskeller's. Parties at all hotel parking lots.
        Thursday: Cruise to Muskegon. Tons of stuff going there. Hotel parking lot parties also.
        Friday: Cruise to Detroit. BBQ at the HEI on 1100 Road. Other hotels offer parking lot parties.
        Saturday: LongHauler ceremony at the GM Test Facility. Scatter like quail afterwards.
        Car washes at each stop.
        How's that?
        good job......some links:

bangshift.com (the unofficial power tour board); threads for both the "starting line party" and the "VA cruise")
        Indy:www.rathskeller.com and www.thesuds.net
        more Indy stuff:...
        Hi Gang,

There are a ton of places to go in Indianapolis and the surrounding area after the venue closes at the Speedway. Downtown is a fabulous place to cruise, especially around the circle. The center square mile of Indianapolis is extremely safe with very few issues, so feel free to park, take a carriage ride, sample the restaurants and enjoy the city.

The Rathskellar at 401 E. Michigan St is having an after party with special parking for tour participants plus a live band and a free German beer if you drive your hot rod.

Skillman's Classic Car Museum located at 1280 US 31 South in Greenwood has some of the finest collector cars, race cars and muscle cars in the country, and they are all for sale. They are extending their hours until 8 pm Wednesday to accommodate the Power Tour gang.

Jockamo's Pizza has 2 locations, One in Indy at 5646 E. Washington St, and one in Greenwood at 401 Market Plaza across from the Sud's Drive In (which is holding a cruise-in Wednesday)

Edwards Drive-In located at 2126 South Sherman Drive in Indianapolis has some of the best hand breaded tenderloins in the state and home made Rootbeer. They were recently featured on a segment of the Travel Channel's "Man Vs. Food"

The Historic Steer Inn located at 5130 E. 10th St on Indy's east side has fantastic mom and pop fare and has recently been featured on the Food Network Show "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives".

The Mug And Bun is a drive-in located on Indy's west side, at 5211 West 10th Street. Same deal...cruise-in fare.

Union Jack Pub and Restaurant located in Speedway at 6225 W. 25th St is a favorite of owners, drivers and crew members during the month of may. Stop by and see the memorabilia and enjoy English Pub fare.

If you have a hankering for real Mexican food, El Rodeo located at 2606 N. High School Road in Speedway is one of the best in Indy.

There are so many more places to list, Mann's Grill, Fireside Brewpub, Oaken Barrel, New Bethel Ordinary. There just isn't room. List on here what you want and we can find places to suggest.

And lastly, If you're not a Hoosier, Pizza King has been an Indiana Tradition for over 40 years. If you have one of theirs...well it's a flavor difficult to get anywhere else.
        Cruise 'til it hurts!
        courtesy of kidcadillac68....
        Muskegon: www.visitmuskegon.org/hotrod_powertour.htm
        Warren, MI: after party planned for Friday evening; can't find link just yet....
        Last edited by rexdogg; May 9, 2011, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Wish we could do it all......

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
          1966 Plymouth Fury III
          2014 Dodge Ram 1500
          Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
          Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
            Car washes at each stop.
            How's that?
            I like a "man with a plan"
            So. Central PA
            Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Bill, I don't really have a plan....just a short outline. We'll probably decide what to do 'on the fly'. I forgot the Garlits Museum on Sunday. Just thought I'd get some responses going........
              Very nice post Rett.
              EDIT:
              Oops.....Rexx!
              Sorry 'bout that. (Insert blushing smilie here)
              Last edited by oletrux4evr; May 17, 2011, 06:00 AM.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I need 4 days in Indy with that much happening...
                I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

$$$$$

Originally posted by street72 View Post
                  I need 4 days in Indy with that much happening...
                  I'll settle for 4 laps at Indy.

Looks like Muskegon is counting on the Power Tour folks spending good $$$$$ while in town. I better make one more trip to the ATM.
                  [size=+1]Chuck
                  2011 HRPT Long Hauler
                  2012 HRPT Long Hauler
                  2013 HRPT Long Hauler "to be"

Comment

Working...
                  X