Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long haul ceremony at gm proving grounds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long haul ceremony at gm proving grounds?

I just got an email from family events and it says the long haul ceremony is at the gm proving grounds. I googled it and it is about 40 miles from my motel in Warren. Is this right?
    79 malibu that hopefully makes it for 3000 miles

Made it with no breakdowns, missing 2012

looks like it.....3300 General Motors Drive, Milford, MI.......time to change hotels? also noticed on the email that Warren is hosting a party, near to the GM Tech Center......so, where to stay?
    Last edited by rexdogg; May 9, 2011, 09:37 AM.

Comment

That's what I'm wondering

Comment

Holiday in express Wixom, or Brighton.. nothing really around there???? still 7 miles away
        Last edited by GTPilot88; May 9, 2011, 09:39 AM.
        Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Well I went head and got a reservation for motel 6 in Farmington mi for $40. I figure I can make up my mind latter and cancel which ever room I don't want. By the way there is a holiday inn express at the same exit in Farmington, I know alot of bangshifters like them. It's about a 30 minute ride according to google maps to the proving grounds.

Comment

Yea i like having other hotels around...which exit are you at exactly there are a bunch of HIE and HI's around that area...
            Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

We're changing hotels to here:

Holiday Inn Express
              48953 Alpha Tech Drive
              Wixom, MI 48393

This is the closest HIE as I believe the entrance to the facility is on the East side. Plus there are stores/gas etc nearby.
              Last edited by bishir; May 9, 2011, 10:04 AM.
              Powertour off/on since 2002
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GTPilot88 View Post
                Yea i like having other hotels around...which exit are you at exactly there are a bunch of HIE and HI's around that area...

Don't know the exact exit but here is the address. 38300 Grand River Avenue
                Farmington Hills‎ MI‎ 48335
                United States

There is 2 holiday inns in the area and a knights inn.

Comment

Hot Laps at the proving ground? Now there's a cool Long Haul award.
                  Non-denominational car nut.
                  Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                  Do you go all the way?

Comment

I spent every summer (and weekends in the fall and spring) from the time I was 7 until 17 working at a horse rental stables across the street from the entrance. It's long since gone but it'll still be a trip down memory lane for me.
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

So where is everyone going to stay? Are we moving the BBQ party?

Linda

Comment

I'm staying where I'm at - it's about an hours run in the a.m. is all.
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

It's easy to change reservations. I posted up the closest HIE to the ceremony.

Bucky, Matt, Andrew, and I are all changing for some of these reasons:

1. The 11 mile Hotel isn't too close to the event. According to Google it's an 48 minute drive. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...29095&t=h&z=10

2. Last year it was in your best interest to get there early.
                          3. This hotel was slightly cheaper.
                          4. Its away from Detroit's center (high crime) areas.
                          Powertour off/on since 2002
                          sigpic

Comment

Well,it's going West at least..I'm staying were we are at which is 11 Mile. It is a much shorter "Get Home" on Friday night from the Afterglow Party..I may be glowing after the party anyway..I don't want to party and then drive too far for the last night..And didn't this happen last year with all the last minute changes..
                            I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

thinking about rebooking but not sure yet...we are right by the tech center...same place as 2009 "quality inn" but all the prices out by the proving grounds seem to be more, and if there is a cruise night and BBQ in warren i want to be there...maybe we should do a poll?

Comment

Working...
                              X