What exactly are 'credentials'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exactly are 'credentials'?

So, what are the 'credentials' supplied for the LongHaulers? Do you need a lanyard-style badge holder, or a notebook/clipboard to keep track of them? ???
    I assume the 'package' will have HRPT decals, so is there other stuff too? ???
    Thanks, vets! ;D
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Re: What exactly are 'credentials'?

Your credentials is a card that they give you when you check in, it's in a plasitic holder with a laynard that you can wear around your neck. Each day you have to punch your card at the venue when you get there to show that you are a long hauler and were at each venue.

There are also spots that you have stamped by all the vendors that are listed on the card and you get free things from the vendors when they stamp your card. You get two credentials with every car you register. Also you get in some of the drawings with the number on your card.
    Donna
    Williamston, MI
    Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

The credentials will have a lanyard and some of the booths usually have the decals.
      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Redragtop, stop misleading this fine young person. ???

Let me give you the correct info.

Credentials are simply a code word used for offering a beer to a veteran long hauler. So for example, if a veteran long hauler approaches you and asks to see your "credentials", you need to reach into the cooler and find the coldest beverage and give that to the long haul veteran. The goal is to assure the veteran long haulers always have a full cooler. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by 1967rsss

Credentials are simply a code word used for offering a beer to a veteran long hauler. So for example, if a veteran long hauler approaches you and asks to see your "credentials", you need to reach into the cooler and find the coldest beverage and give that to the long haul veteran. The goal is to assure the veteran long haulers always have a full cooler. ;)
          i can't believe those other guys would try and confuse and mislead the newbies like that. they are looking to us for guidance and trust. we need to explain things to them in the right way. :D so you new guys need to keep your coolers full. ;D

Comment

I see. Thank you so much for enlightening me, as I sure don't want to seem like a total rookie. Should I offer just one kind of beer, or have a selection available: like, uh, Hires, A&W, IBC, or other fine brands?? ;D
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr

I see. Thank you so much for enlightening me, as I sure don't want to seem like a total rookie. Should I offer just one kind of beer, or have a selection available: like, uh, Hires, A&W, IBC, or other fine brands?? ;D
              Haha....great lines there....but, in all seriousness, an ample supply of cold beers is a must, in order to make and keep important friends....the brands you suggested are very low in the pecking order, by the way.....

Comment

Whats the latest you can stamp in at the venues?

Comment

Originally posted by The Chief
                  Whats the latest you can stamp in at the venues?
                  I think it is usually 6pm or so.

Comment

Too funny! ;D
                    I R Bob
                    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Damn, if you have to carry a cooler am I in trouble. I will barely have enough room for cloth much less a cooler. ;D
                      It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Solsticefun
                        Damn, if you have to carry a cooler am I in trouble. I will barely have enough room for cloth much less a cooler. ;D
                        It just makes it that much more convenient at the venues! Cheap beer versus vendor prices.
                        I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Sorry guys if I mislead you. You could throw in a bottle of Captain in your cooler along with your beer! Actually last year we got a few beers from a couple of the vendors with our credentials. I was trying to smooze some swag from some of them and they had coolers full of beer so I got a couple beers for me and my husband insteat of t-shirts.. (they do make the riding coolers so you won't have to pull it through the venue
                          Donna
                          Williamston, MI
                          Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Sorry oldtruxforever....I could not resist the opportunity. ;D Hope you still stop in Bentonville so we can hook up on the way down.

You will get your entry info a short time before you go to Little Rock. If I recall, you show your paperwork when you arrive to pick up your credentials (which includes a lanyard). From there you are set. Last time I went on the tour as a Long Hauler was in 2004. If I recall, that is the way we got the credentials.

In 2004 you took your credentials to specific vendors at the event stops to get it stamped and a little gift. You get a window sticker to place on the inside of your lower front window. The "Power Tour 2008" stickers you see on many cars are usually given out a specific vendors, like Year One, etc. If you are a Long Hauler, there is special parking at the events.

FYI, my beer of choice is A&W, thank you. :D

Comment

Sorry oldtruxforever....I could not resist the opportunity. ;D Hope you still stop in Bentonville so we can hook up on the way down.

You will get your entry info a short time before you go to Little Rock. If I recall, you show your paperwork when you arrive to pick up your credentials (which includes a lanyard). From there you are set. Last time I went on the tour as a Long Hauler was in 2004. If I recall, that is the way we got the credentials.

In 2004 you took your credentials to specific vendors at the event stops to get it stamped and a little gift. You get a window sticker to place on the inside of your lower front window. The "Power Tour 2008" stickers you see on many cars are usually given out a specific vendors, like Year One, etc. If you are a Long Hauler, there is special parking at the events.

FYI, my beer of choice is A&W, thank you. :D
                              No problem! I truly appreciate all the good information, good-natured kidding, and the promise of great new friends this forum has offered. We're still on track for Bentonville, although may run a little earlier to make the Friday nite Cruisapaloosa, and hopefully meeting up will still work out. I'll be sure to have some 'cold adult beverages' on hand, including some A&W, if I can figure out a way to haul a cooler without trashing my bed wood. ;D
                              Thanks, vets, this is going to be a blast. 8)
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Working...
                              X