"Unofficial" after long hauler ceremony party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Unofficial" after long hauler ceremony party

We were waiting to see what Detroit had planned for tour participants. Was really hoping to get into the heritege museum before they sell the rest of it. Looks like the "official" activities will be in Warren on Friday night. Long hauler ceremony at the proving grounds should be cool as the public is rarely afforded the chance to go there.

That being said, we would like to invite any freaks who would like to stop by the house on Saturday before they head back home. We live less than an hour west of Milford. I know that some people were planning other activities in the Detroit area while in the area. We will be going home (maybe stopping by Diversified Creations for a short time enroute) after the ceremony. Those wanting to get on the road for home early could stop by and get something to eat and those with other plans can stop by later.

This will be very impromptu and last minute but all are welcome. This will not be like the great Crazy Cajun or Finish Line parties from last year as we will be gone and our daughter had trouble just keeping the lawn mowed last year. We will have some floor space available if needed and there are some hotels nearby if needed.

Let us know if you think you can make it so we can be sure nobody goes thirsty

Mike and Donna
    Donna
    Williamston, MI
    Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Mike and Donna, this would be great!! As you said waiting to see what the deal in Detroit might be. Diversified Creations would also be a treat to see. Keep us posted and thank you!!
    200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

That's awfully nice of you guys to open your home and I'll keep it in mind. Thank you !
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

I'm in! - two suggestions when you get a couple of minutes

1) Hotels nearby for non-Wolverines

2) A "what can you bring vittle/refreshment short list" for the freaks who plan to stop buy (Audrey Garmin will tell us where to find the vittles/refreshments)
        a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Mike/Donna

Thanks may swing by..it is on my way back to Muskegon to catch the ferry...all depends on the timing though, Need to be at the ferry by 330 at the latest.
          Last edited by GTPilot88; May 11, 2011, 05:43 AM. Reason: blond moment
          Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Mike & Donna,
            Jane & I would love to join you for the get together..... We will be going to the Walter P. Chrysler Museum after the Long Haul Photo and we are staying another night in Detroit..... Thanks and see you guy's in 24... Ed

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
            1966 Plymouth Fury III
            2014 Dodge Ram 1500
            Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
            Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

I'm going to have to play it by ear but if I can make it, do I get my normal bedroom?

No matter what, thanks for the invite. And the hotel room for Mom and Dad. And for letting me stay there last year. And...........
              Last edited by BluLightning; May 11, 2011, 08:08 AM.
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

If you don't want to call it a Finish Line Party how about a "Victory Lap Party".

ps., Is your house smoking or non-smoking? (inside joke)
                Last edited by Impala_Guy; May 11, 2011, 10:27 AM.
                Non-denominational car nut.
                Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                Do you go all the way?

Comment

M&D, What a nice offer..But we will be in high speed criuse mode with only 2450 miles left to go..Give or take,I didn't calc the Proving Grounds..And wouldn't it be nice if they brought us into the grounds by going aroung one of the tracks???
                  That little red X is a Question mark..No idea why that happens..
                  Last edited by street72; May 11, 2011, 12:39 PM.
                  I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

how far away are you guys from Alleghan Mich ? thats where i'm heading afterwards
                    Has anyone seen my fan?

Comment

Very nice offer, and brave one too; leave home for 10 days then invite 50 or 60 friends over......thanks, we'll let you know.
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

We may be able to make it. It really isn't out of the way and it would be a great chance to relax a little before the drive home.Thanks for the invite!
                        HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                        DW- 12,16,17
                        "Stay thirsty my friends"
                        The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Originally posted by tcbnj View Post
                          I'm in! - two suggestions when you get a couple of minutes

1) Hotels nearby for non-Wolverines

2) A "what can you bring vittle/refreshment short list" for the freaks who plan to stop buy (Audrey Garmin will tell us where to find the vittles/refreshments)
                          I thought that since you knew our Gov., you might be staying at his mansion for the night. Otherwise we can put up a tent in the backyard. I haven't seen the coyotes or fox yet this year so you should be alright. The deer have been stopping by often but they won't bother you. OR, there is a nice '50's motel within a mile or the chain hotels within 5 miles.

We will have some beer, pop, water and food available. If you want a particular brand, you can make a request and it will be considered on a case by case basis. Otherwise the only thing people would need to bring will be themselves (no impersonators).

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                          I'm going to have to play it by ear but if I can make it, do I get my normal bedroom?

No matter what, thanks for the invite. And the hotel room for Mom and Dad. And for letting me stay there last year. And...........
                          Seeing as our daughter will probably be using it, Donna says no We can always send her somewhere else, but we might need her as our DD

Originally posted by street72 View Post
                          M&D, What a nice offer..But we will be in high speed criuse mode with only 2450 miles left to go..Give or take,I didn't calc the Proving Grounds..And wouldn't it be nice if they brought us into the grounds by going aroung one of the tracks???
                          That little red X is a Question mark..No idea why that happens..
                          Rett, you still gotta stop and eat along the way and we are very little out of route for you

Originally posted by 4dfide View Post
                          how far away are you guys from Alleghan Mich ? thats where i'm heading afterwards
                          Gary, you also will be most likely passing right by here on your way to Allegan. It is less than 2 hours from the house.
                          Donna
                          Williamston, MI
                          Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Donna spoils all my fun.
                            I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

You're the type man she's supposed to warn her girls about Bob - I hate when that happens.
                              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                              X