Is the map out yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
    Once it comes out I'll make the day by day directions for anyone who wants them.
    that would be nice,thanks bob.
    Longhauler 2009,2011
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

Comment

Lots of ways to go from point A to point B. I look at staying on I-95 out of Cocoa Beach up toward Jacksonville, then pick up I-295 to I-10 to I-75. The tolls on 528 and the turnpike will run $4 or more. (I'm cheap and hate tolls) Time wise both routes are a wash to get to Valdosta. Outside of 528, there are only a few east/west roads in Florida. Rt 46 (Titusville) toward Leesburg the Rt 27/441 to Gainsville to I-75. I-95 to Daytona Beach Rt 40 to Ocala then Rt 27/441 to I-75. I-95 toward Palm Coast Rt-100 to Lake City the I-75. The last one are small two/four lane highways.
      The downside of having many cars on "back roads" are the perennial traffic jams at intersections.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldlar View Post
        Lots of ways to go from point A to point B. I look at staying on I-95 out of Cocoa Beach up toward Jacksonville, then pick up I-295 to I-10 to I-75. The tolls on 528 and the turnpike will run $4 or more. (I'm cheap and hate tolls) Time wise both routes are a wash to get to Valdosta. Outside of 528, there are only a few east/west roads in Florida. Rt 46 (Titusville) toward Leesburg the Rt 27/441 to Gainsville to I-75. I-95 to Daytona Beach Rt 40 to Ocala then Rt 27/441 to I-75. I-95 toward Palm Coast Rt-100 to Lake City the I-75. The last one are small two/four lane highways.
        The downside of having many cars on "back roads" are the perennial traffic jams at intersections.
        This is my fourth PT and when you have close to 5 Thousand cars on the same road there is sometimes a little traffic to deal with.If you go to the drivers meetings in the morning you will have fun leaving town.
        Last edited by 63 falcon; May 17, 2011, 07:27 PM.
        Danny/Zachary
        HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

In 2005 the Power Tour went from Nashville to Birmingham via Fayetteville, TN thru Huntsville, Al to Arab on to Birmingham........it was along drive time wise and very rainy day........now they want to go from Montgomery to Nashville........the only way I see now is up to Childersburg then jump on I-65 or go I-65 all they way........but I-65 in Birmingahm is under construction just drove from Montgomery to Huntsville just last week........
          That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

I drive from Pensacola to Nashville frequently and I agree. It will be a haul, plan on leaving early.
            Powertour off/on since 2002
            sigpic

Comment

Well, offer still stands guys, after powertour, on the way back, feel free to stop off in Omaha for stop off at Casa-De-Torino
              Have a nice big deck with a grille, incase of a need to stop off for some grub and a place to wash a few rides and stretch the legs.
              Assuming Phil is going to be the same for open door/keg/patio...

A view off the deck out back...
              Last edited by Eliteman76; May 17, 2011, 08:03 PM.
              Andrew
              1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
              2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcasey View Post
                The SoCal team has issued their map:
                6500 Miles, 20 States, 16 days and 15 nights.
                Where is the red X for oil change stop? Thats some trip your taking for sure !!
                My Garage

Comment

Originally posted by ~~Mutt~~ View Post
                  Where is the red X for oil change stop? Thats some trip your taking for sure !!
                  If you run Royal Purple, you're good for 10,000 miles, and if you use their XPR brand, you're good for 12,000 miles.... So, you wouldn't have any stops for oil changes....

In fact, I change my oil once a year and that's about it........... ;)
                  sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                  - George Orwell

Comment

Back on Topic:
                    Got my confirmation letter today, but still no driving directions.
                    Non-denominational car nut.
                    Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                    Do you go all the way?

Comment

I putting in fresh Mobil1 this weekend, which should easily get me through the the 6500 mile adventure.
                      Dannie
                      2010 Camaro SS
                      Long Haul 2010/2011
                      Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

SoCal ,we'll all have to hook up on the tour somewhere with the 5th gen Camaros. I just happen to know someone else on here that bought one last week that i think will be joining the tour with us .
                        Has anyone seen my fan?

Comment

Originally posted by bishir View Post
                          I drive from Pensacola to Nashville frequently and I agree. It will be a haul, plan on leaving early.
                          To me it looks like this whole damn tour will be a genuine Long Haul. The one day I will be adament about leaving early, skipping driver's meeting, and hauling a$$ will be from indy to muskegon. Downtown venues are always a nightmare, so we will hightail it to the Shoreline Inn and walk to the venue!

Comment

I'm from Indiana and you're right. That will be a long drive. If they take 31 north I believe that will be a mistake.. I'm sorta hoping a 13 north to 15 route in Indiana. Ya'll will like seeing some of the small towns and they could use the buisness. However, if they take 31 north it will be boring and full of stoplights through Carmel and Kokomo.
                            Powertour off/on since 2002
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 4dfide View Post
                              SoCal ,we'll all have to hook up on the tour somewhere with the 5th gen Camaros. I just happen to know someone else on here that bought one last week that i think will be joining the tour with us .
                              Sounds good. I like that Synergy Green you got. I have been in contact with some other Camaro5 people that are going on the tour, that also want to hook up. Would be cool to get a group pic.
                              Dannie
                              2010 Camaro SS
                              Long Haul 2010/2011
                              Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

Looking at Mapquest, staying on highways I-65, it is 301 miles and 4hrs 57 minutes ( ok 5 hours) and driving up Rt 31 it is 261 miles and 4 hrs 55 minutes (ok 5 hours).. Time wise it is the same, but 40 miles shorter crawling up rt 31.

Comment

Working...
                                X