Got some new wheels for the tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got some new wheels for the tour

I wasn't really happy with the look of the car, never really like the drag race look. So I changed the springs and ordered new wheels. Here's the old look

79 malibu that hopefully makes it for 3000 miles

Made it with no breakdowns, missing 2012

Here's the new look. I'll post more pics latter

Comment

Nice. Totally changes the look of the car.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Here's some more

Comment

One last picture.

Also on another note, my new electric fan quit this mourning. The blades started to spin on the shaft and hit the radiator. So I put on the clutch fan again. I guess I'll call summit and see what they say.

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
            Nice. Totally changes the look of the car.
            Thanks. I havent had a chance to drive it withthe new wheels, but the spring change made it alot more fun to drive. Before it felt like I was going to drag the door handle around a corner.

Comment

I have never been a fan of the "big littles" so I think it looks a ton better

Comment

Now the car is much more street friendly. Before I was also scared of fast corners or big potholes. The only reason I had them was I traded a tunnel ram with carbs for them. Before the the car came with rusty 14" cragar ss wheels (yuck).

Comment

On another note, it's crazy how pictures can sometimes make paint look good. If you saw the car in person it's not nearly that shiny looking

Comment

with those wheels and the window tint I would flat black that bad boy till you can do a "proper" paint job it would look pretty mean and Mean as well

Comment

I thought about that, but I'm just going to try to get the body ready for paint in the next year. I'll proably go back to something close to the original color, maybe a bit more coppery. That way I don't have to totally rip it apart for paint. Also the fiberglass hood stinks, I'm thinking about using the orginal hood and grafting on a steel cowl scoop.

Comment

If you hate big and littles then you will hate mine ........but those are the wheels Ive been looking at for my regal........nice choice.......
                        That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Looks good. How are they finished....powdercoat? solid cast? I'm curious how prone they will be to road rash. More I look at 'em the better I like 'em.
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

What ever works. Makes the 'bu look like a G machine.
                            Myself, I grew up in the 80's, so I have a thing for the Weld look, or a good set of Centerline Autodrags.
                            Car will probably ride and drive a lot nicer.

Myself, I am a complete fan of basic steelies and some dog dish caps.

That copper color fits though. Simple, clean.
                            Andrew
                            1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                            2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                              Looks good. How are they finished....powdercoat? solid cast? I'm curious how prone they will be to road rash. More I look at 'em the better I like 'em.
                              The centers are painted a metallic gun metal color and the outside is a machined finish. They weren't very expensive but I'm hoping they hold up well.

Comment

Working...
                              X