crunch time !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1cheapstreet View Post
    Packing should only take 20 minutes or so, right?

Linda
    Ken packing = Yes

Linda packing = Mmmmm Maybe, even if Ken tries to help......
    Last edited by 66Fury3; May 29, 2011, 04:27 AM.

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
    1966 Plymouth Fury III
    2014 Dodge Ram 1500
    Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
    Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by 66Fury3 View Post
      Ken packing = Yes

Linda packing = Mmmmm Maybe, even if Ken tries to help......
      Actually he's the one that takes forever! Me I just throw stuff in the suitcase and I'm ready to go. See you and Jane soon Ed!

Linda

Comment

PINKHEMI had the oil changed on friday, first one is free so I took it to work and did it on the clock. Mechanics thought I was nuts, car has 822 miles on it and I'm changing the oil. But I wanted the break in oil out of it before we left. Then when I cleaned, boxed, and kept the original oil filter they REALLY thought I was nuts!

Located and installed some cardboard tubes for posters, added a better jack, breaker bar/sockets and torque wrench, jumper cables needed to be in there anyway, fixing up a bucket full of cleaning supplies too. BUT I gotta go back to work now, 20 hours so far this weekend and I'm not done yet!

Comment

I am at least a full day behind schedule!

I got the wagon back from the upholstry shop on Friday and am a little disappointed with the attention to detail on their work. It is what it is and there isn't time to do anything about it now.

I am whipped - unlike Matt (claypool ??) I can't do all nighters back to back to back. I worked on it from 6:00pm Friday until 3:00am Saturday morning, then tried to go to bed, didn't sleep well/much. I got back up at 7:00am and worked on it till 4:00pm Saturday afternoon took a couple hour break and then worked on it again until 1:00am Sunday. I watched the F1 race this morning and then back into the garage untill 5:00pm when it was time for another break. I suspect I will spend a few more hours out there tonight trying to get all the last little details taken care of before washing and waxing it on Monday. I had wanted to wax it twice but at this point I am going to have to settle for a top coat of High Tech #26. The last important mechanical thing I need to address is bleeding the brakes. I don't seem to be intelligent enough to do it by myself so I am going to have to line up some help and then squeeze it in between all the other stuff that needs to happen before I can leave. Tuesday is my last free evening to work on the wagon before I leave on Saturday morning.

Sooooo - unless some more unanticipated joy decides I haven't had enough fun lately - I will be on tour after all this year.

Comment

waiting for tuesday to talk to the machanic to figure out what is up with the fiero...still praying for nothing big, and getting the car back on tuesday night would be a dream!!!!
            Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Allen that is great news!
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Booby, Special Ed and I are in Nashville. Heading for Hahnville in the morning.
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Doing the happy dance, Allen! See you soon!

Scott, sorry to hear something is up with the Fiero...hope it gets fixed soon!

Linda

Comment

Someone ask Bob why his car wouldn't start this morning.
                    I R Bob
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Found water under the Fury..... Leaking Freeze plugs.... Well better now that next week.....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                      1966 Plymouth Fury III
                      2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                      Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                      Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                        OK, why wouldn't your car start Bob?

Linda

Comment

Bobby got a problem??

Linda what are taking it must be time to pack you have to put it in something
                          2007 Power Tour Long Haul
                          2008 Power Tour Long Haul
                          2009 Canadian Points East Tour
                          2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
                          2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
                          2012 Power Tour Long Haul
                          2012 Northeast Rod Run
                          2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Not my Bob. I should have specified it was Boob. Internal combustion engines usually run better with fuel!

Well we're off to Nawlins in a few minutes here. Happy Trails everybody.
                            I R Bob

Comment

... Internal combustion engines usually run better with fuel! ...
                              I am sure he was preoccupied calculating his fuel mileage as he was quite full of himself yesterday getting TWICE the MPG that I get in the wagon! Does that mean he has 1/2 the power?

Safe travels and tell the Brady's HI for me.

Comment

Flat Tire.
                                1990 Thunderbird Supercoupe
                                1999 Ford Mustang GT convertible "Yellow"
                                1987 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe
                                Power Tour 06, 07, 11, 12

Comment

Working...
                                X