crunch time !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crunch time !

Now that its getting down to crunch time how many people will end up taking the daily driver this year? I had decided awhile back that i would not drive the Vette this year and take my new daily ride for obvious reasons. Whether it be the gas prices or not just ready lets hear from ya !
    Has anyone seen my fan?

Unfortunately we will be one of those taking our daily driver...bummer!

Linda

(proud member of the PT daily driver club)

Comment

me too - daily driver
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Well the L is still up on jack stands but I plan on having it ready to rock by the end of the weekend.
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

DD also

DD for me also...thank gawd it hauls azz!!!

Comment

DD for me, and I love driving this car...
            Dannie
            2010 Camaro SS
            Long Haul 2010/2011
            Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

I sure hope that I am not taking the DD. The Model A still needs some attention, but I hope it is just minor issues and I still have some time.
              Keep pushing you can do it!

Comment

DD This year on purpose. lemans went last year, gto this year. however.....still trying to decide what else i have time to get done between now and then. should do a plugs and wires and little misc stuff yet. new brakes last year, got a rear squealing digging into that tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                  Well the L is still up on jack stands but I plan on having it ready to rock by the end of the weekend.
                  Bob...I say open headers...or just run a test pipe and dump it to the ground. Granted, you may have a migrane after give or take 3500 miles.
                  Last edited by Eliteman76; May 18, 2011, 09:32 AM.
                  Andrew
                  1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                  2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

No DD for us. Maybe if I had a car like 4dfide or a new Challenger, but I can't see doing PT in a 99 Toyota Solara :-(
                    A 70 Camaro is more like it! There's nothing like cruisin' the country in a classic IMHO We at one time considered taking the 02 Camaro SS 35th LE, but not this year. Maybe some day tho But PT, to me, is more about the people, than the cars they drive. Havin' a blast is the name of the game

Comment

Originally posted by maromoma View Post
                      No DD for us. Maybe if I had a car like 4dfide or a new Challenger, but I can't see doing PT in a 99 Toyota Solara :-(
                      A 70 Camaro is more like it! There's nothing like cruisin' the country in a classic IMHO We at one time considered taking the 02 Camaro SS 35th LE, but not this year. Maybe some day tho But PT, to me, is more about the people, than the cars they drive. Havin' a blast is the name of the game
                      couldn't agree with you more ! It's really about who you meet than what they drive. I do miss some of my "other vehicles" that i have driven on tour like my 70 Z28 and my Roush F150. But in the end its about the drive and people
                      Has anyone seen my fan?

Comment

My DD is a Honda Accord. No way would I drive that on a hot rod tour. lol. I heard the other day on the radio that the price of gas should drop 50-55 cents a gallon by Memorial Day. We'll see.
                        Last edited by LadyGT; May 18, 2011, 11:18 AM.
                        2006 HRPT LH
                        2007 HRPT LH
                        2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGT View Post
                          My DD is a Honda Accord. No way would I drive that on a hot rod tour. lol. I heard the other day on the radio that the price of gas should drop 50-55 cents a gallon by Memorial Day. We'll see.
                          I also heard gas was going down drop 0.01 cent today $3.77

Comment

My dd is a dodge ram.I don't think so.87 monte carlo sounds better
                            Longhauler 2009,2011
                            Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

Comment

Oh there's no way they'll drop it before memorial weekend. Hell there's lots of people driving the countryside, it'll stay up there for max profit. Maybe by the few days after we'll see some droppage. Maybe drop .50 by the end, but I'm not counting on it. It'll drop a buck fifty the day after we get home...

We won't have a daily driver but we are in a brand new car this year. It sucks and is a relief at the same time. Dad's bringing his wagon again, which had to drop out at DuQuoin last year, so I plan to be fixing that from about nashville through detriot. Last year it ate all the exhaust seats out of one cylinder head and had to limp back about halfway through missouri, where I met them with a truck/trailer and a 2010 dodge caravan. This winter he did the whole top end with a performer package and added 4 wheel disc brakes so we shall see. 08 wasn't much better for him, though we did limp his convertible home from madison when the stop and go with a 4 speed ate a very unique u joint that we couldn't find. "Rebuilt" it with some brake clean and grease, and put one whole needle bearing in between each broken one, and drove it 650 miles home.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X