Decisions, decisions......!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decisions, decisions......!!

Sorry it has been so long since I have posted. Bernie was involved in an accident at work. He was rear-ended by a tractor-trailer tow truck while sitting still inside of Baltimore's Harbor Tunnel in his tractor-trailer. The guy was doing at least 60mph. He has been through alot of physical therapy, none of which has helped. The doctors have now told him because of the extensive damage to his neck and upper back he will require surgery. They will address the lower back issues afterwards. His decision...it will have to wait til after the PT!! He wouldn't miss this for the world!
    Angie

Wow that sucks that he was in the accident, but glad that he's relatively ok and that you guys are going to make the tour.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Wow, it's a good thing he wasn't in a car. Those Tow rigs are huge!
      Powertour off/on since 2002
      sigpic

Comment

Lucky he's O.K. - Wow.
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Before any workman,s comp doctor wants to do surgery Get multiple Opinions.
          I don't know how you feel about Chiropractic but find a good one First.
          I spent 14 years in college to be a Chiropractor and have seen a lot of recoveries, I been in Practice for the past 18 years.

Conservative Treatment First.
          Medication Second
          Last is Surgery - not a good success rate.
          Good Luck Hope to See you on the tour.
          1990 Thunderbird Supercoupe
          1999 Ford Mustang GT convertible "Yellow"
          1987 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe
          Power Tour 06, 07, 11, 12

Comment

hay this is bernie ive thout about getting a adjustment but i dont know if it will help or hurt
            Last edited by classicbern1; May 19, 2011, 12:53 PM.

Comment

I spent 14 years in college
              Wow, were you in the same Frat in "Old School" and did you know "Frank the Tank? =)
              Powertour off/on since 2002
              sigpic

Comment

I was in the worst pain of my life with a neck injury and after 1 visit to the chiroprator i was nearly pain free.....wjthin a few months of weekly treatments I was better than new. Also I have not talked to one person who had back surgery and said they would do it over again....I'm just saying....
                Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Originally posted by 173rdherd View Post
                  I was in the worst pain of my life with a neck injury and after 1 visit to the chiroprator i was nearly pain free.....wjthin a few months of weekly treatments I was better than new. Also I have not talked to one person who had back surgery and said they would do it over again....I'm just saying....
                  My uncle wishes he'd had it done ten years earlier...3 months after the surgery, he felt better than he had on 20 years.
                  John
                  2007-2008-2009-2010-2011 Long Hauler
                  Detroit-Muskegon 2012
                  Couldn't make 2013

Comment

thought about a chiropractor because my doctor told me two days ago that an operation might be inevitable,but i have five herniated disks,two are in my lower back and three are in my upperback close to my neck that are pretruding into my spinal canal and i broke three of the bands in my neck

Comment

good lord.....and you are still coming on tour?? that's dedication!
                      Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

ill be bringin lots of drugs

Comment

Geez...sounds like you may need them. Glad your injuries weren't any worse tho.
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Damn Bern, that makes me hurt. See you in 2 weeks.
                            Living the dream!

Comment

Originally posted by classicbern1 View Post
                              thought about a chiropractor because my doctor told me two days ago that an operation might be inevitable,but i have five herniated disks,two are in my lower back and three are in my upperback close to my neck that are pretruding into my spinal canal and i broke three of the bands in my neck
                              Geez Bernie! Ask around to find a reputable chiropractor. I've gone for years especially after I was t-boned by a street sweeper! Had to use one the insurance company picked for 10 weeks, didn't feel better so went to my regular one and like Mike, felt better after one adjustment. A good chiropractor will take xrays before any kind of treatment. Prayers from us for a quick recovery, hopefully without surgery. See you soon!

Linda

Comment

Working...
                              X