Kids on the Tour...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids on the Tour...

This is my 12 yr. old daughter's second PT. I kinda got some nasty remarks from the teachers b/c she will be missing school, and they will have to make packets for her to take with her. There will only be two weeks left in the school year when we leave. Oh well. So how many other people are taking their "younguns" with them?
    Angie

Our 14 year old son has been going with us every year since 2007. He usually ends up missing the last few days of school. We've also got some attitude from the school about taking him out early.
    But we feel the time with his parents and the memories are more important than a couple of days in school.

Comment

Our 16 year old has long hauled every year with us, and, it has made us a much closer family! PRICELESS!!!! He even drove the last 2 years on his learner's permit. This year We
      are proud to say that he has his license and will be driving his own vehicle for the long haul!!! We decided several years ago that we should be road warriors on vacation every year because you don't see America from 20-30 thousand feet! We've driven several thousand miles and wouldn't trade one memory for anything!!!
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

im 14 and will be going. this will be my 8th long haul
        The youngest guy on the board
        76 vega
        86 fiero

Comment

Guys...got to say I am stoked as hell to hear this kind of stuff. Getting your kids on a trip like this is pretty awesome. Get 'em out of the school, on the road.
          I could maybe see if it was finals or something in the Sr. year, but awesome to hear this kind of stuff.
          Last edited by Eliteman76; May 22, 2011, 03:59 PM.
          Andrew
          1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
          2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by 64casteel View Post
            im 14 and will be going. this will be my 8th long haul
            Sleeping in the back seat doesn't make a long hauler. You're luggage.
            "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
              Sleeping in the back seat doesn't make a long hauler. You're luggage.
              He sleeps in the front seat too,He got droll all over my window.
              Longhauler 2009,2011
              Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

Comment

Originally posted by 65 mustang View Post
                He sleeps in the front seat too,He got droll all over my window.
                lol
                I am all for this kids need to see that there are things better to do than get in trouble

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                  lol
                  I am all for this kids need to see that there are things better to do than get in trouble
                  my wife says im all the time getting in trouble but i dont know what she is talking about famuos last words "WAS'NT ME"
                  Last edited by classicbern1; May 22, 2011, 07:24 PM.

Comment

I am bringing my 8 yr old grandson & this is his third PT with 2010 being a long hauler.3200 miles, & he will miss the last two days of school
                    Last edited by 63 falcon; May 22, 2011, 08:06 PM.
                    Danny/Zachary
                    HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Evan,
                      They only bring you along because it's illegal to leave you home by yourself!!
                      Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                      Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Sleeping? Yup, I am familiar with a co-pilot asleep on the road...
                        Andrew
                        1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                        2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

My daughter Megan will be in Indy, but I'm not sure if she is going any further with me.
                          HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                          DW- 12,16,17
                          "Stay thirsty my friends"
                          The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76 View Post
                            Sleeping? Yup, I am familiar with a co-pilot asleep on the road...
                            That's pretty much how I looked most of the '08 power tour! I have a bad habit of working all night before vacation starts, so it took me a while to catch up on sleep and get on a normal schedule! lol

Comment

my 10yr old son is coming with for his second power tour. He's pretty stoked and keeps telling everyone that when he's old enough to drive the Camaro is his. I have to laugh cause he can't see over the dash yet .
                              Has anyone seen my fan?

Comment

Working...
                              X