kickoff only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kickoff only?

so were going to florida to visit some relatives and what not, if i sort out a few things on my duster well be driving that down and id like to check out whats going on for the weekend. what do i do with the car? do i sign up for the first day show or what? its in the works, by no means a show car. am i stuck parking wit all the spectators? ive never done the pt before, i checked it out a little when it stopped at englishtown a few years ago. and if i had planned better we might have done the long haul, but not this year.

You can find a parking spot to view the cars. I did that in '06, since I stopped in Macon the day the PT was there (I was going south, the PT was going north) just to check out cars. In 07 I tagged along from Memphis to Little Rock. I didn't register, so I didn't get any goodies, but a photo plaque of my car being there.

Comment

There will be a registration table if you want to enter the show for the day. I believe it will be right around 25 for the day. If not, just park with the spectators and walk in.
      Powertour off/on since 2002
      sigpic

Comment

registering gets the goodies, in the show Saturday, and the right to say you did power tour (you'll get a power tour decal for the car)
        the condition of your car does not matter. it's about being there and having fun with your car, more than having a trophy winner to show off.
        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

i just put this car together in about 5 weeks hoping to do some part of the power tour. i cant believe i got it this close. 74 duster with a mild big block and t56. i wasnt sure if you absolutely had to pre register or i could jsut show up the day of.

Comment

Pre-registration is usually for the people who intend to do the whole PT. You can show up on Saturday, register for a day (or two, if you can) and still get the goodie bag and PT sticker. I think you also get a "Participant" credential, which you can use to walk around to the vendors and get cool stuff!!
            Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
            Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Pre-registration by Weds. 25 May saves a little money ($15.00) only if you long haul - otherwise same per day cost of $25.00.
              So unless you are going 3 days or more and pre-register as a Long Hauler there is no advantage.
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

cool

Comment

It's worth the $25 for the goodie bag and getting the credentials for all of the vendors goodies too...... I brought my 66 Fury in primer and rusty wheels for the 2009 tour.... You'll be among gear heads.... We love all car's and truck's.....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                  1966 Plymouth Fury III
                  2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                  Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                  Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

But the best part is you'll get to meet some of us you've been talking to on here!!!
                    Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                      But the best part is you'll get to meet some of us you've been talking to on here!!!
                      Best part?
                      I R Bob
                      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Well, the best part may be you in your daisy dukes, but I didn't want to scare the poor guy completely to death!!!

Comment

Good point.
                          I R Bob
                          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

ummm bob ?

Comment

OMG!!!!!!! Now that's frickin' funny, I don't care who you are!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X