How's the mapmaking going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's the mapmaking going?

Like most of you, I am busily making my maps to download into the Garmin. Since I am having a slight problem, I thought we could share some info.
    On the Montgomery/Nashville route, has anyone found 441 East/Moores Lane at mile 280.2? I found a 'Saturn Pkwy'.....looks pretty good, but I'm not sure that's it.
    Thx.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
    Like most of you, I am busily making my maps to download into the Garmin. Since I am having a slight problem, I thought we could share some info.
    On the Montgomery/Nashville route, has anyone found 441 East/Moores Lane at mile 280.2? I found a 'Saturn Pkwy'.....looks pretty good, but I'm not sure that's it.
    Thx.
    It is there but I did have to go to pretty small resolution in order to find it.

Comment

I am plotting the exact route through my google earth on the wife's laptop. We will have a garmin but with this tool we can easily visualize the route as long as we have battery. Let me take a screen capture of that road, I know where you are talking about.

Comment

I couldn't find it either.
        Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
        Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

try 7055 Moores Ln or the Nashville Golf and Athletic Club which is east of I65 on Moores

Comment

I'm just following Mike and Donna!

Worst thing that could happen is we get ice cream.
            Last edited by BluLightning; May 22, 2011, 07:55 PM.
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Boosted Buick becomes PINKHEMI for this post since it's coming from her laptop. LOL I should raise hell under her name. Anyway it's just a short road on the north end of franklin that connects you to the interstate. Any path will get you there. I am doing the entire route point by point like this on google earth. Takes about 1.5 hours for each leg.
              Attached Files

Comment

OK Allen, that got it. Thanks.
                I haven't figured out how to nail down mileage on MapQuest yet.......even with the scale they offer, it's hard to get it close.
                Thanks PinkHemi/BoostedBuick......it does take some time, doesn't it?
                Last edited by oletrux4evr; May 22, 2011, 08:03 PM.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

And actually it would be faster and easier to skip franklin and head back to the I65 south of town.. Then again it would be even faster yet to just stay on I65 the whole way, but that's not as much fun.

Comment

Yeah, but there's too much interstate for me already. I much prefer the back roads.
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                      Thx.
                      I'm a map guy, but it seems like just north of Franklin, there's a cutoff for Moores Lane.....now, as far as GPS goes, who knows....in the event there is a private pilot.......Pilot: hey, where is Moores?....co-pilot: huh? are you kidding? who is Moore?....pilot: never mind...........

Comment

I just plotted the route from nashville to indy. One thing for sure, we are going to get to meet some REAL hillbillies on that leg. We get kinda out in the middle of nowhere. Precisely where I predict my dad's station wagon will die (again).

The suds drive in/ray skillman museum in the south end of indy will be easily accessible on the way in, if anyone has time.

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                          I'm just following Mike and Donna!

Worst thing that could happen is we get ice cream.
                          Hmmm, ice cream is good Got our daily sheets of directions (thanks Bob), so what could possibly go wrong

Allen, are you coming along now??
                          Last edited by redragtop; May 23, 2011, 02:49 AM.
                          Donna
                          Williamston, MI
                          Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop View Post
                            Allen, are you coming along now??
                            Too early to know for sure as my garage is still empty.

A little over a week ago I had an epiphany mid-convulsion that dis-lodged my head from it's resting place in my ass. Since then I have been trying to get my plans back on track. I hope to have a clearer picture of the possibilities by June 1st.

Comment

I like to keep my head up my ass.....Its warmer there......Allan I sure hope everything works out to go, see you in Florida anyways??
                              200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                              Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Working...
                              X