Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is a typical afternoon on the tour

Originally posted by moparjim71
    Some nights you may have stuff to do too, like test the line-lock.
    Oh yes if I get my motor back in the Monte Carlo this year there will be plenty of line lock tests to perform. Also remember in Springfield Mo. there is always a cruise up and down Glennstone where all the hotels are. The locals line the streets to watch everyone. We go up there every year for St. Mach Nats and cruise both nights. Cops are all right as long as you don't get stupid!

Comment

You guys are tempting me real bad about not going. :'( Stll have the rooms reserved though. :
      HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Originally posted by bowtiemonster
        You guys are tempting me real bad about not going. :'( Stll have the rooms reserved though. :
        We know how you feel, John. :P We've always done the longhaul when we've gone on PT, this year will be the first one we can't. Too many other commitments.

Cheaps 8)

Comment

Originally posted by trukluvr
          Originally posted by moparjim71
          Some nights you may have stuff to do too, like test the line-lock.
          Let us not forget to get all the smoke out of the new tires.
          That's all good, but don't let the smoke out of any wires...... :
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Hopefully this year will be different but in years past when we got the cars done litterally in the wee morning hours of the day of. The power tour served as the shakedown run. Those typical days were Drive the car, work on car, get to venue, eat, go to hotel, work on car, drink some beverages, sleep, Repeat, Repeat, Repeat, Repeat, Repeat, Repeat, Repeat, Repeat, by the time we were on the return ride home everything was fixed. ;D

The car I am taking this year has been done for some time now. Knock on wood. Hopefully there will be less work on car time and more Drinking/sleeping/relaxing time.

Comment

a typical day can be what ever you want it to be. that's one of the great things about the power tour.... there are no "must do" . you can leave early and get to the venue late. you can leave late and get to the venue early. you can take their route or one of your own. sometimes we stayed at the venue grilling brats and drinking beer (we had a DD) till they kicked us out at dark. if you ask 100 people what they have done on a particular day on power tour, you will get 100 differant stories. that's what makes this such an incredible happening.
              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

I Agree, you are in the drivers seat! Everythingis only a sugestion, do as you please.
                Living the dream!

Comment

Originally posted by fine59
                  you will see some of the funniest shit right in your hotel parking lot....talk about a tail gate party.....!!!come on june!!!
                  Oh yeah, the shit that go's in the parking lots and at the pools is funny as hell.
                  Of course due to the fact we have an RV now I don't get to watch anymore. :P

Anyways.
                  A-body2, welcome to the club!. I warn you though, everyone who you'll meet on the power tour are likely to be completely.....uhh.....weird, shall I say.

Comment

Amy, we resemble that remark! See you & the folks in Topeka.

Cheaps 8)

Comment

Working...
                    X