Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your thoughts? Random acts of kindness on powertour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts? Random acts of kindness on powertour?

My church has something called the 100 dollar challenge. Each week someone donates a crisp 100 dollar bill and one of our small groups finds a need in the community. It's a small donation, but has had tremendous impact in our overall giving.

Just thought it would be great on this tour (or maybe the next one?) if we could find someone to donate 100 each stop. We'd get together in the parking lot the night before and generate ideas on what we could do to help people at the next stop. Random acts of kindness work best IMO, but some method is usually better.

Some ideas:
    • Buy groceries at a local store on the route for a family in need.
    • Find a gas stop along the way and pay for the first 5 gallons for a few familes.
    • Stop at a local Pharmacy and offer to pay for people's medication.
    • or basically anything that is quick and we can do on our way to the next venue...

I know we already have our VA things, but imagine how much you'd look foward to a small act of kindness each day. Plus, we can video our activity and maybe inspire others? Just throwing it out there...

If you're interested post which leg of the tour you'd like to donate the 100 dollars. I'll pick whatever one doesn't get picked.
    Powertour off/on since 2002
    sigpic

We would love to, but don't have that kind of extra $$ this year. Maybe you could spearhead this effort next year. Ken and I will do those kinds of things throughout the year ie...buying dinner for someone at the same restaurant, ordering ice cream for a family at McDonalds, etc. It's so much fun to do.

Linda

Comment

Linda, that's fine with me. Maybe we could talk about it on tour etc.. and next year do something. (since we're already doing VAfundraiser) It's always good to mix things up a little just to keep things interesting.
      Powertour off/on since 2002
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bishir View Post
        Linda, that's fine with me. Maybe we could talk about it on tour etc.. and next year do something. (since we're already doing VAfundraiser) It's always good to mix things up a little just to keep things interesting.
        Let's do some brainstorming on tour, but it will better be early! After this last week at work, I will probably be having a marg or 2 during the upcoming 2 weeks.

Linda

Comment

Would love to participate in this too, but don't have the $$$ this year. All my energy has been going toward the quilt raffle. My philosophy: practice random acts of kindness throughout the year. Maybe we could pick a city or something for next year.
          Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
          Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Working...
          X