speed traps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speed traps

if you come through NC, be careful watch your speed the po po dont play!
    are there any more out there?

Alabama state police are always real heavy near Culman on I-65, but they may have bigger problems at the moment.

Someone posted earlier that US-31 in Indiana is heavy with po po near Rochester.
    Powertour off/on since 2002
    sigpic

Comment

I-77 In Virginia and I-81 in Virginia are terrible. 5 over is all they will allow and its still 65 in a lot of places.
      http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/...pssichgwqu.jpg

Comment

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!! Brent actually started a thread! Will wonders never cease!!!!
        And yep, if you're coming through VA. on I-81 or I-77, watch your speed!!!
        Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
        Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Originally posted by bishir View Post

Someone posted earlier that US-31 in Indiana is heavy with po po near Rochester.
          That is correct! I live less than 10 miles from Rochester, and once we get thru Kokomo and into Peru (State police post location) onward north to Rochester, be prepared to do the speed limit! The police love to meet out of state speeders!
          HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
          DW- 12,16,17
          "Stay thirsty my friends"
          The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Originally posted by bishir View Post
            Alabama state police are always real heavy near Culman on I-65, but they may have bigger problems at the moment.

They are hot all along I-65 where construction is happening just south of Birmingham and the Cullman area......but what is most important is the state is using a lot low profile vehicles in all areas.....mostly Dodge Chargers with no lights that don't give the tell tale outline of these vehicles....the lights are in the grill, top of front and rear windows, and the car colors blue and silver (trooper), plain white and plain black.........also they use gold champagne Tahoes with black steelies with low profile lights also.........
            That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

i sure hope i can fix me speedo today.

Comment

Iowa is running it's STEP(Special Traffic Enforcement Program) and heavy patrols near I-80
                between the Cedar and Mississippi river bridges... Illinois is hitting heavily as well with the traffic back ups due to construction on the I-74 bridge in the Quad Cities!
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by RAIV70Judge View Post
                  That is correct! I live less than 10 miles from Rochester, and once we get thru Kokomo and into Peru (State police post location) onward north to Rochester, be prepared to do the speed limit! The police love to meet out of state speeders!
                  I go through there all the time and can confirm that you are correct. Wear your seat belt too!
                  Last edited by A/Fuel; May 27, 2011, 04:50 AM. Reason: spelling
                  Originally posted by TC
                  also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Michigan area around Benton Harbor watch out .I'm headed that way this week end .
                    Has anyone seen my fan?

Comment

Waldo, near Gainsville, Fla is a well known trap, in case anyone ad libs that direction.
                      LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Well, it's a good thing that I plan to either keep it at the "posted" speed limit OR under it........ Ha Ha Ha!!!
                        sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                        - George Orwell

Comment

Waldo and Lawry are the worst radar traps in Florida....

US Highway 301 South from Baldwin to Gainesville or Ocala, beware that you will pass two notorious speed traps.

Before you reach the towns of Waldo and Lawtey (20 miles apart), which use speeding-violation fines to fill their coffers, you’ll see billboards giving fair warning. While unsigned, the billboards are paid for by the American Automobile Association. Please stay 2-5 mph under the posted speed......
                          Last edited by 66Fury3; May 27, 2011, 07:37 AM.

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                          1966 Plymouth Fury III
                          2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                          Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                          Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Bucky,that's funny. Last year my brother (who has a hands free cell) was lagging behind south of Nashville. I was a few miles ahead with no exits between us and was able to tell him he had open road ahead. He caught up quickly. ;)
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1931s/x View Post
                              i sure hope i can fix me speedo today.
                              Mine isn't correct either. I'm just going to use the speedo on my GPS unit.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X