So I am Ready...kinda...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I am Ready...kinda...

Hey my name is Josh really don't frequent the forums much. My dad & I did the long haul back in '09 (plus a short stretch when it started here in Milwaukee in 07) & had a blast except for blowing the trans up in Detroit (Would highly advise against "Snappy Transmission" ) Anyway, I've been wanting to go again this year, booked my hotels back in december, and hoped that work & stuff would come together...now it looks like I can go & am pretty excited. Honestly I haven't done much to my car, mostly just hoping it'll make it I guess we will just see. Leaving wednesday evening from Milwaukee & hoping to be in FL early friday morning. Just stopping by to say hi & that I hope to meet a few of you on tour!!

Added this today...probably the most I did to my car to prepare...I wonder if it'll help along side the road??
    Last edited by str8tpiperoar; May 26, 2011, 07:21 PM.

Welcome back to The Tour!

Will be looking for that Chevelle on the road!
    PT 2005, PT 2006,
    PT 2007, PT 2010 Long Haul,
    PT 2011 Long Haul
    , PT 2012 One Stop
    The 'Cuda will be at The Dynomax Booth
    sigpic

Comment

Hi Josh! Be sure to find some of us at registration on Sat. We have a few mechanics traveling with us, so if you have problems, we gotcha covered!!!!!!! Nice car, by the way!!
      Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
      Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Josh..i am leaving from far north suburbs of Chicagao on WED afternoon about 4:15 and only going as far as Indy. If you want to hook up with my group we are then leaving Indy on Thursday and going the South Carolina route to get to Cocoa on friday midday.

Don't know about mechanics in the group, but heard it is much more scenic and fun to go the SC way than through Atlanta even though it is 30-1hr longer. Also we won't be driving half the same route that we will on the way home from PT.

PM me with your number if you are intrested
        Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Welcome Josh. Hopefully I'll see you somewhere on the tour.
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Welcome Josh, love the color combination of your Chevelle! Take a look at the VA Home visit thread and try to make that stop on the way to Cocoa.

Linda

Comment

Welcome Josh..... Everyone that drives an old car always prays that it will make it with no problems..... But if you do you'll have friends like all the BS Freaks here, so your covered from (A)lcohol to (Z)erk fittings......

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
              1966 Plymouth Fury III
              2014 Dodge Ram 1500
              Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
              Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

YES.....it seems that when I said something like....I better just check a few things on the Model A.....that is when the trouble started. I beileve that I am ready but you just never know. See ya on the road and hopefully not the side of the road.

Comment

Thanks guys for all of the offers & I'd love to take you up on them but I'm still not 100% sure when I'm getting out of work & leaving. Planning (& hoping) to leave around 5pm wednesday & drive drive drive as far as I can hopefully make it down into FL late thurs night or early fri morning so I have the whole day to do something fun, but we shall see! Looking for to meeting some of you on tour though

Comment

Working...
                  X