• Show
Clear All

• Very nice Rett!!
    HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
    DW- 12,16,17
    "Stay thirsty my friends"
    The worlds most interesting man

Comment

• Very cool story Rett, thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Originally posted by street72 View Post
        Well look what our local newspaper did for Chuck and I. They wrote up a really nice story of our trip.. Check it out,and yes we are proud..

http://www.thefridayflyer.com/FF-2011-6-24/FFS-17609.htm
        Very nice write up. It's great that a newspaper picked up your story, so even non-car people can see what goes on at Power Tour. Congrats!
        Last edited by Hemi Joel; June 27, 2011, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• Nice Pictures, Ogre! Thanks for posting them. Lots of those look familiar.

I wish I would have took alot more pictures.

Comment

• Nice write up Rhett,,,,,, and Andrew, sorry I didn't run faster at Indy, I Knew I had less than a gallon of gas and had to make the 2.5 and to the nearest gas station.
            Living the dream!

Comment

• Originally posted by redragtop View Post
              Nice video Andrew Seems wierd that higher speeds were attained on the road leading onto the track than the track itselfThen, once we were able to get a little speed, you seem to be stuck behind someone having a little go juice supply problem
              Yes, and of course I had to give the poor SOB a little shit, too...HA!
              {I will admit though, Buddy's TA has a nice sounding exhaust. I was surprised I didn't hear much outta Bob in the lightning...
              Andrew
              1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
              2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

• OK, I realized, man I was having a good time...didn't take much in the way of pictures. Some are from my cell, others are the camera.
                Arrival at Alan's {aka kidcadillac68 on the Hot Rod Forum} barn in Martinsville, IN.
                Sweet place...There are reasons I don't have a place like this.

Waking up...man...this was just as the sun was coming up...

See, I sooo could live here...barn, by municipal airport

Furry alarm clocks...

Who the hell details their car at 6:20AM...oh, what...me...

After packing up, and finding some food, stopping off for a little something I promised myself for remembering my step-dad Keith.

Indy does not have PBR anywhere...I am like what the hell?

Showing up at Indy around 9:30am, going in the south side {I think south?}, went in, and turned back out by the security guard who was pretty cool...

This was probably the most exciting thing for me...I was like "driving into the Indy500 track...DAMN!"

And back out I go...
                Andrew

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

• Gratuitous Torino shot...

So, can't get in. I drive back down the road to a parking lot with a Big Lots...{sorry, no pictures, I know FAIL}
                  All the sudden, I start getting cars rolling up, drive by, turn back into the lot where I was sitting, and got to talking with people I never met, but felt I knew all my life. Was pretty cool.
                  Got in the gate after 11, but could not register and get in until like noon...so, find some shade!

Cracked a coors, and dumped on the ground for Keith.
                  No long after, I walked over got my cred's, and getting ready, and this rolls up:

Guy and his wife called it a hot box, as in no AC, and hotter than hell.
                  I love old sedans like this...

And, as I sit in the shade, I am like WTF. There is supposed to only be one big ass yellow banana Gran Torino Sport at any given venue.

Stare down:

Getting in line behind a sweet C10...

Andrew

Comment

• And for the random photo log from the venue:

One of my favorites from the show...

Another fav of mine...bucket console car, only a 302/c4, but the guy was knocking down damn near 18-20MPG...with the AC blowing cold.

Another tasty Torino...

I was like, dude, you could hang a hammock under this think to take a nap...
                    Andrew

Comment

• Car was in Hot Rod...different seeing the thing in person, sort of trippy seeing bare rusted steel under clear coat.

Wantering around to the gran stand area...this was freaking awesome...just crazy because it just goes on and on...

Exiting to the track, and no one is going anywhere for a long while...

Talked to the guy in the ecoboost F150...2wd extended cab, and he was like yes, this thing does haul some ass, and yes, it will tow a decent trailer well.

Love this Challenger:

Damn tasty Maverick:

Andrew

Comment

• Sighting a fellow BS'er...damn good hearing to Alan!

Sorry, no scantily clad sun burnt legs here...

Sorry, self-absorbed Torino Owner...

Leaving FINALLY...

Finally on the track:

Getting around the track:

Bob, sorry I did not get any other pictures of ya on the track man!

Going into the final section...

Had some fun picking up some real speed FINALLY...

Let's see, it's about this time Earl makes his tire smoking entrance...

James getting "wound up"...
                        Andrew

Comment

• Next up: Morning after, and on to Indy.
                          Waking up on the floor of a Holiday Inn, actually did my back wonders...thanks again Matt...I appreciate it a lot man.

After wandering out of Indy to highway 31 North, a few near-misses...on the road.

Following Scott for many a mile...and no speeding issues...right s
                          Scott?

Fred was flying up there somewhere in this pack...and I mean movin

Ah, detour? I don't recall going south...

At this point, well, some where between there and here, I lost my speedo.
                          I learned that 2k = 55, 2500 = 60, 2700-2800 seems to be about 70, and 3500 was traveling at the speed of Fred and company...

cable + header = melted mess of plastic
                          Last edited by Eliteman76; June 27, 2011, 11:44 PM.
                          Andrew

Comment

• Good pics Andrew!
                            Living the dream!

Comment

• Getting into Muskegon’s downtown area, and wandering around...I was like man, these people tossed out the welcome mat...very cool.

More wandering:

Andy’s Lincoln Mark 5

I spy another BS’er in the area...

One of the fellow Torino Brethern’s rides...429, 4 speed, bench car...damn, this thing was a riot to take a ride in.

OK...so, when you are wandering around trying to take pictures, and your buddy says, photo op, I bet she’s a stripper, all I am going to say is 1) he can call stuff awesomely well...and 2) turn the damn flash off...and 3) flash going off = busted red hand, a good laugh with a couple ladies, and free lap dance passes. NO< I didn’t use them.
                              I’m married to an Italian girl...HA!
                              {Waiting for Mel to see this one...she got a huge laugh off this one...}

These darn Torinos...tend to travel in packs:

Can’t help it. More gratuitous Torino shots...

Devil, sorry man, I had to borrow this shot. My favorite random shot of DF!

There was actually a pretty funny bit about parking here...the lady officer standing in the street in front of the ’55 I was like, hey, can I park over here, and she was like NO, but if I don’t SEE you park it there, I can’t make you move it.
                              Me being the slow ass idiot, took me a minute to realize she turned her back, and walked away for 5 minutes.
                              Andrew

Comment

• Wandering around some more...I see this

Stuffed in this:

I was in love.

Ouch...curb scrap

Andrew

Comment

Working...
                                X