*Official* 2011 Powertour Picture Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
    Check out the motor - wonder if it gets hot in there ?

Im not sure, but I think that ran at Bonneville a couple years ago????? Anybody got any info? Think it made the Hot Rod mag....
    HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
    DW- 12,16,17
    "Stay thirsty my friends"
    The worlds most interesting man

Comment

• The First Photo is Royce Powell Automotive who so kindly cut/shortened the thread allowing me to fit an air filter on my car. (Ran Filterless since the carb swap in Florida)

The 2nd Photo is Bucky's Hillbilly air conditioning outside of Jimmy Carter's hometown.
      Attached Files
      Powertour off/on since 2002
      sigpic

Comment

• I'll be installing hillbilly AC on my s10 until I can afford a vintage air setup lol
        '95 S10: 350sbc/th350 (for now)
        '05 Cobalt SS: 13.4@105 (boost + money = fun)
        '03 GSXR1000: exhaust, stacks, filter, PCIII, nitrous, plenty of other stuff
        GO CAPITALS!!!!!

Comment

• Comment

• This one's for you Craig !
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

• LOL. Nice. They are doing much better than the caps right now... lost to the jets last night! The JETS! Ugh. Also like that cobalt SS in the background. Glad I took off my giant spoiler though
              GO CAPITALS!!!!!

Comment

• Craig - you probably haven't see these pics but they are GREAT. Chuck Casey from Californication was co-pilot in Rett's Hertz Mustang and there is a slide show for each day and more captions and stuff posted here on their local car club website. Check it out when you have time for a good prelude to next years Power Tour.
                Last edited by 70chevyC-10; November 21, 2011, 02:32 PM.
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Awesome pictures! Thanks for the link. Everytime I see pictures from previous power tours it just gets me that much more pumped to do my first one next year
                  GO CAPITALS!!!!!

Comment

• Glad you liked it -
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Originally posted by itS10neverdone View Post
                      Awesome pictures! Thanks for the link. Everytime I see pictures from previous power tours it just gets me that much more pumped to do my first one next year
                      Craig, Last year was my first long haul, and man I'm going again hope to see you there!!
                      Rick

Comment

• Can't get enough of the gas stops

a 1996 tour veteran (look it up)

redragtop's boot - the final frontier

How many folks check in with a SuperBird on the apron?

Everytime I see Dave's Impy, I get flashbacks to 1978

Johnny Law sighting - Booby bait!

Falfa 62 staging at the HIE Montgomery

red meat for Eliteman76

Dirty, wet birds

Michigan's finest

Hey, wait for me!

nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

• Originally posted by >>>>head View Post
                          red meat for Eliteman76

I met up with the guy that owned this GTS, had it for many many years. Was a 351c cobrajet 4 speed car, he toasted the trans and CJ racing after many seasons and got a 429 cobrajet and big block top loader.
                          ...and to think he told me he took the 4.56's out so he could go on powertour and stuck in 3.73's...brutal car.
                          Andrew
                          1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                          2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

• 200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                            Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

• By oldlar at 2011-12-27

By oldlar at 2011-12-27

Collages of photos I took while on the Power Tour..

Comment

• Last edited by 1956NY150; December 27, 2011, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X