First Accident Friday Cocoa Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Accident Friday Cocoa Beach

First Accident in the Registration Parking Lot, 5-6 cars involved. Driver air lifted to hospital. Driver either had a heart attack or passed out.
    Be Careful. Lets have a safe trip.
    1990 Thunderbird Supercoupe
    1999 Ford Mustang GT convertible "Yellow"
    1987 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe
    Power Tour 06, 07, 11, 12

that was pretty scary i just got out of my car and my wife was getting our son out in the row behind him. i was looking right at the car when he started it and watched it all happen. hope the guy made it.

Comment

We saw the car leaving on the stretcher. Hope the guy is okay and glad no one else got hurt!
      Powertour off/on since 2002
      sigpic

Comment

accident

Originally posted by Gr8Regal View Post
        First Accident in the Registration Parking Lot, 5-6 cars involved. Driver air lifted to hospital. Driver either had a heart attack or passed out.
        Be Careful. Lets have a safe trip.
        Man. That's terrible. We saw the 1st responders as we were pulling in. Are they ok?
        2011 Long Hauler
        2011 Corvette Grand Sport-650 HP Edelbrock Eforce SC 6 speed paddleshift auto

1979 Pontiac Trans Am-800 hp 5 speed Richmond Super Street OD with Long shifter

Comment

what a crappy way to start. hope every one is okay.

Comment

I was 2 rows down and did not know what had happened. The Street rod apparently gassed it as it was entering the parking spot. hit the 68 Dodge then the light pole. The street light fell on the car or the driver? Does anyone have any better info, is the driver OK?

Comment

That's too bad. Hope everyone is OK.
              Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Wow..what a rotton way to start. Hope all are ok as well. Be careful and we'll see ya in HOT Valdosta.
                Don
                "Big cars need lovin too"

Comment

i was right there, what i saw, the guy started the car, as soon as it started the engine raced and it took the hell off and crashed into the light pole. one of the 4 lights came down, i dont think it hit anything looked like there was no car in the spot on either side of the lite pole. the guy tried to get out of the car but you could see something wasnt right and he fell back into it. peopel ran right to him to help. there were people taking pictures of the whole thing, i couldnt bring myself to even go any closer just out of respect for the guy. i did hear some one screaming he was having a heart attack a lot of people ran to help the guy, i dont think there were any other injuries.

Comment

Our car was parked in the same row as the blue Mopar. It was the blue Mopar convertible, an empty space and our car. We were over under the trees when we heard what sounded like an engine going full throttle and screeching tires. Phil heard a crash and saw debris flying very close to our car and he took off in that direction. From what he understands, the guy was working on the motor. Then he got in the car and it took off across the parking lot full throttle into the light poll damaging the white Mopar's rear quarter and damaging the blue convertible's front bumper some. Our car had glass all over and under it, but no damage otherwise. The guy tried to get out of the car. People asked if he was OK and he said, no, and passed out. We were told he was not breathing when he was pulled out of the car. Medics were there within two minutes it seemed. Phil said the guy wasn't wearing a seat belt and hit the steering wheel hard enough to mangle it. Someone said heart attack or stroke, but don't really know. It's scary to think what could have happened and that with all those people walking and driving in that parking lot at that time that more people or cars weren't involved.

Certainly hope he'll be OK. We can all replace our cars, but people definitely are more important. It just makes you realize how precious life is.

Gwen (Phil's wife)

Comment

Local news had a bit on it this morning with a picture, said the driver is recovering, and that he accidentaly started it in gear.

So that's good news.
                      Last edited by PINKHEMI; June 4, 2011, 06:05 AM.

Comment

The cars damaged belonged to the local Mopar group helping with registration.

Linda

Comment

also a gal bystander was giving him compressions just in case, but he didn,t appear to have a heart attack, but took quite a blow to the chest.
                          Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

I'm curious if anyone has pictures or a link to the news article.

Comment

Heard it was a heart attack and that he had another one at the hospital and has since passed...nothing confirmed as of right now.
                              Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Working...
                              X