PT 2011 is over for 66Fury3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PT 2011 is over for 66Fury3

I am sad to say we could not complete the tour....

The Fury was having a major problem with the heat!

It did not boil over but it was getting big time vapor lock..... Slowing down to an idle it would die and took an hour to start again....

Sunday going from Cocoa to Valdosta we sat at a I-95 rest stop, at a gas station off of I-10, at an on ramp on I-75, at exit 16 on I-75 and when we got off at exit 32 going to the venue.......

I had GM techs look at it.... They checked the timing and it was OK.... We talked about the vapor lock problem, some of the problems were: mechanical fuel pump on the hot engine, small metal lines to the carburetor and no heat block under the carburetor ...... Nothing they could do to help.....

I could not rely on the car and the heat and breakdowns were getting to Jane..... We will be in a new car next year! I am glad I made the Starting line Party.... Seeing everyone was worth all of the problems.....

Ed
    Last edited by 66Fury3; June 8, 2011, 07:29 AM.

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
    1966 Plymouth Fury III
    2014 Dodge Ram 1500
    Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
    Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

that sucks. i saw you when we were out cruising around fl. it was pretty freaking hot and the way people were talikng it was only going to be hotter at the next 2 stops.
    Last edited by 1931s/x; June 8, 2011, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Another casualty ...
      Sorry to hear about the heat problems Ed, but at least you got part of the Tour in !!

Comment

It was great to meet you there in Cocoa. Hope all is well. What is the new car for next year?

Comment

Sorry to hear that Ed, didn't really get to talk to you and Jane at the party. See you next year!

Linda

Comment

Soory you could not go on. Glad we got to talk to you a little at Cocoa.
            Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

That sucks. Vapor lock is a BIG problem this year. Several reports of it on all makes. Glad we got to meet you though.

Comment

Thanks Guy's & Gal's..... It was great meeting all of you at the party...... We had a great time and next year will be better..... Ed

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                1966 Plymouth Fury III
                2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

The vapor lock thing is common but never seen it this bad. Camaro did it 4 times to me in not very good situations. Port FI to boot! Stuck a fuel pump and filter in it to no avail and finally found the line and return running within inches of the header that was too hot to touch! going to stick some header wrap around that section for the trip to Sarasota from Detroit. In your case from the many I've fixed with similar issues, a fairly long section of rubber fuel hose in place of the steel line up near the carb might take care of the majority of it. I'd stick with Hi Test also in the ridiculous temps like we had in ga al and in! HTH Wayne

Comment

Working...
                  X