1999 Ford Mustang GT convertible "Yellow"
    1987 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe
    Power Tour 06, 07, 11, 12

Comment

Oh yea, we're in!

Linda

Comment

Sounds good!
        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

hey, hey, hey......just came back from Michigan (again!)....my son got married.....anyway, where we goin'?......I mean...am I late to the party?.........Dave rexdogg!

Comment

I think you're actually early Dave.
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
              I think you're actually early Dave.
              okay......I know we're starting in Detroit, and ending in Arlington, Texas (next year)........did I miss some stops along the way?......is it better to come early, or late, or......? rexdogg!

Comment

I'm planning on coming a little early to do the Henry Ford Museum and I believe we're planning on stopping in Nashville on the way home. Other then that, you know how it goes.
                I R Bob
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

We too plan on going up early for some sight seeing. We'd like to be in Detroit by Wednesday at least. That will give us a couple of days to look the town over before beginning the tour on Saturday.

Comment

We will for sure be in Detroit by Thursday for the VA Home visit on Friday, but want to see some of the sights too.

Linda

Comment

We went to the Henry Ford museum after the Long Haul awards. It was great, but part of it was closed for renovations. Supposed to reopen in Spring 2012, so we plan to get to Detroit early also to go back. Also would like to see the Walter P. Chrysler museum. Linda, do you have a VA home in mind yet? And see if you can get a list early. If we gather stuff all year, we can give them a really fantastic donation!
                      Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                      Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Well, if I was a betting man {I'm not really...but whatever works...}

Dean, maybe next year, if we elect to do part of the run, I can bring you those 351c 4v manifolds!
                        Andrew
                        1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                        2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

so i was mapping out the route just a general one i am looking at almost 4500 miles round trip

roughtly 12mpg at 4bucks a gallon 1500.00 in fuel

so now i need to work on room costs what were you guys paying per night on average?

did any of the chains give multiple night specials in different states ?

now i just got to finish the truck ha

Comment

Andrew, you've got a great idea. Can I get them installed too ? With regard to your map..... you might factor in Stillwater, Oklahoma. I am confident we'll get through there at some point.

JMHO, Dean

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                              We went to the Henry Ford museum after the Long Haul awards. It was great, but part of it was closed for renovations. Supposed to reopen in Spring 2012, so we plan to get to Detroit early also to go back. Also would like to see the Walter P. Chrysler museum. Linda, do you have a VA home in mind yet? And see if you can get a list early. If we gather stuff all year, we can give them a really fantastic donation!
                              No specific home picked yet, that will come after the 1st of the year. As far as a list goes, I think we can pretty much take stuff like we did in 2010. Old magazines, baseball caps, popcorn, plus some of this year's list like talking watches, etc.

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by dez_racer View Post
                                so now i need to work on room costs what were you guys paying per night on average?
                                If you're staying at Holiday Inns, expect to pay about $100 a night.
                                I R Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X