No announcement yet.

"Official" 2012 Countdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ONLY 148 days to go and we are headed back to North Carolina for the weekend to finish up business..See you Monday..
    I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

• Ok let my countdown begain. I just signed up and got rooms in Detorit & Muskegon. Might only be doing 3 stops this year but that's better than none at all! See you in June.

Comment

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• 148.... Testing at Daytona starts next week. It's about that time....
          sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
          - George Orwell

Comment

• 148......... Unbelievable warm weather 67 degrees yesterday, I'm good with that! Promised to change soon..........
            200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
            Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

• 148...warm here for january, broke record high temp at 51 degrees yesterday! won't last forever, though. gotta get into the shop and get to work!
              Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
              Gregg and Deb Miller
              Verona, Wi.

Comment

Wiring on 56 +-98% and working, repaired wipers

engine should be ready to install in two weeks
                new HEADGASKET, valve job, rings (using gapless again), bearings roller lifters, push rods, etc.
                changed from headbolts to Studs
                i had installed plugs behind cam incorrectly and that was pushing the cam forward for 20,00 miles, i assume this is what broke the distributor gear.
                send dual disc ram clutch back for rebuilding
                still to do: change cutouts and exhaust, fuel system for NOS, repaiir or replace rear end gears, waiting on shop to call on installing roll bar, repair AC, TLC in interior, change tires, rebush lower control arms, install trailer hitch, ?.

bob
                Last edited by 1956NY150; January 6, 2012, 07:03 AM.

Comment

tomarrow is silver springs
                  Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• Originally posted by cobra View Post
                    tomarrow is silver springs
                    Have fun Bruce - which vehicle are you taking?

148 to go

Comment

• 148....Back home after two long weeks.damn it's good to be home.
                      Longhauler 2009,2011
                      Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

Comment

Dannie
                        2010 Camaro SS
                        Long Haul 2010/2011
                        Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

Comment

• 148......on another board there is a on going conversation as to the actual starting point. Is it the proving grounds or the tech center? Anybody care to offer their thoughts. I only want to be at the right place on June 2nd.
                            Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                            The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• 148...after seeing bob's list of things to do, makes mine pretty short and easy. guess i got time to kick back and open a beer or two.

Comment

• That's a good question Dave - with no sure answer that I know of yet.
                                I booked a room about a month ago in Utica to cover either a Mt. Clemens or GM Tech Center venue and two days ago I got a room in Wixom in case it really is (hard to believe but who knows) the GM Proving grounds in Milford the first day.
                                Remind me to cancel one or the other when we know.
                                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                                X