Bigger Splash Next Year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigger Splash Next Year!

Next year we need to let Hot Rod know that the BS'ers are there!! For as many Freaks that are on the boards, we didnt get to meet as many as we had hoped. As soon as the official cities are posted, we should do our best to book the same hotels as possible. I think we should be more visible going into the venues to let everyone know who the BS'ers are. Whatdya think?

Amen!

Comment

maybe some support from BS
      Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

Originally posted by fine59 View Post
        maybe some support from BS
        Ya think?
        Living the dream!

Comment

I whiffed on meeting Keith in Montgomery......did Chad show up? I didn't see him either.......
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
            I whiffed on meeting Keith in Montgomery......did Chad show up? I didn't see him either.......
            No Chad but I did talk to Keith for a bit.

I gotta agree that the support from BS this year was a little underwhelming, but hey who cares. I had a great time.
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Oh, I'm not complaining, just hated to miss seeing them.
              I also missed the Ride Tech Baloney Bash too.......
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I think we need to take the lead on getting this organized..... If BS wants to get involved, that would be a plus..... I appreciate what BS does but it's the Freaks that makes the tour rock......

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                1966 Plymouth Fury III
                2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Hmmmmm........ the Forum Freak unoffical hotrod powertour message board
                  Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

it would be nice if we could get Forum Freaks 2012 put on one of the long window stickers (like the Painless Hot Rod ones).

Comment

break down..... you'll meet all kinds of Forum Freaks that way. also met some at the start line party. the shirts are VERY visable. didn't see them as much this year. i agree, BS should have supported us more, as much as we support them.
                      still, all in all, keep bumping into bankshifters at every venue. so far, the ones i met over the years are great people.
                      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Wore the read BS shirt - got a lot of people saying hey... wore the black/grey tie die one and not a single person said anything...

Was nice seeing Bob, Mike Copeland and a few others around. Wish there was a booth, or tent, or anything to hang around the event....

Perhaps bring our own next time? Anytime I go to a car show with my local club, 2 or 3 people bring the large Pop Up awning things like this:

If say 2 or 3 people brought them - we would have our own space, and be able to get out of the sun. Georgia and Alabama where hot as balls and I stayed less then an hour at each venue. I can bring my own water - if we had a place to chill/relax/chat... Power Tour would be A LOT more fun. I am sure people have these already - and the people with trucks could haul them....

Just sayin'.

-Craig

Comment

I plan on making sure as many people as possible from here at my hotels next year as well as pre-planning after venue things fro every stop

Comment

Best thing to do would get a bangshifter to drive an RV on tour. All of us pay that person money for drinks/food etc and we'd have a "homebase" at every venue with drinks and food etc. When the event ends we all eat together at the RV and we don't have to fight the line getting out.
                            Powertour off/on since 2002
                            sigpic

Comment

funny thing james mike and I discussed this already ...... it may happen

Comment

Working...
                              X