Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Besides the Hats and Tee Shirts what did you WIN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
    Ummmmm nothing due to the fact I was in my hotel room enjoying the airconditioning while my name was drawn at Montgomery........Mothers even........So bummed.........Maybe next year??
    I was SSSSOOOOO there when they called your name. Of course, that was all before the rear end decided to come apart on me..... LMAO!!!
    sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
    - George Orwell

Comment

a laid-back banner, a bunch of apperal from dynomax, laid-back, and mothers, a flask and coozie from laid-back. thats about it
      The youngest guy on the board
      76 vega
      86 fiero

Comment

I got a hat from Tremec, a couple of posters, & also won a carb from Holley.

My car is EFI. See my post in the "swap meet" section.
        John
        2007-2008-2009-2010-2011 Long Hauler
        Detroit-Muskegon 2012
        Couldn't make 2013

Comment

In both Vodosta and Montgomery, my wagon was quick enough to win a case of Royal Purple. I think those go for about $100/case - so about $200 in winnings.

Not sure if the quickest guy won anything extra, or not.

Lee

Comment

Originally posted by 64casteel View Post
            a laid-back banner, a bunch of apperal from dynomax, laid-back, and mothers, a flask and coozie from laid-back. thats about it
            Evan - you can thank me for the banner - I gave those guys the idea to offer them up for some extra "air time" on stage. It was nice to meet you and your Mom (sister?) and Dad finally too.

Besides winning a bunch of new friends I won a $500.00 gift certificate from Coker Tire on their only day in Indy - thanks for calling me Rett (even though they said they'd mail it) I was headed for Miller Time.
            Last edited by 70chevyC-10; June 15, 2011, 09:35 AM.
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Good Catch., Most of the Gifts come at the late hours in the heat. I wish they would stop that dammmmn trivia crap and select names like painless.
              1990 Thunderbird Supercoupe
              1999 Ford Mustang GT convertible "Yellow"
              1987 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe
              Power Tour 06, 07, 11, 12

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                Evan - you can thank me for the banner - I gave those guys the idea to offer them up for some extra "air time" on stage. It was nice to meet you and your Mom (sister?) and Dad finally too.

Besides winning a bunch of new friends I won a $500.00 gift certificate from Coker Tire on their only day in Indy - thanks for calling me Rett (even though they said they'd mail it) I was headed for Miller Time.
                we also gave them the idea in cocoa beach cause we went and asked them how much for a banner and they looked at us stupid but after talking to the guys and hanging out with them pretty much all tour, i now half a wordrobe and a banner

and she is my mom, if i see her in the morning i will be glad to tell her that you said she look like my sister, she will be very proud
                The youngest guy on the board
                76 vega
                86 fiero

Comment

I 'won' a new friend.
                  When we were broken down in Natchedotches, LA, I met a young man named John. His dad worked at the shop. He latched onto me like he needed some 'grandpa' time, and we really had a great hour or two together. He is one of the most polite, inquisitive, and genuine young men I have ever met. Had a 'Larry the Cable Guy' fish hook on his hat.....asked lots of questions about Earl, and was as precocious as they come. I was really impressed with him.
                  In my rush to get back on the road, I failed to offer him a ride in Earl, so I sent him a few tokens from the PT....a t-shirt, an autographed hat from Vic Edelbrock, pictures of Camaros (he likes those), and some other stuff from the goody bag and vendors.....
                  Nice kid. Did my heart good to meet him. He'll be one of us one day.......

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

And that ladies and gentlemen, is what its all about!!! Great story and picture Ed.......you made a life long lasting impression on young John!!!
                    HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                    DW- 12,16,17
                    "Stay thirsty my friends"
                    The worlds most interesting man

Comment

I met some great folks in Warren Michigan - and tried to help a fellow BS'r shop for a 3/8" NPT pipe plug at the third or fourth super walmart we found after 10pm on Friday night.

I'm now considering safety wiring all plugs - just in case.

Thanks for the ride in the GTO Matt!
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                        I met some great folks in Warren Michigan - and tried to help a fellow BS'r shop for a 3/8" NPT pipe plug at the third or fourth super walmart we found after 10pm on Friday night.

I'm now considering safety wiring all plugs - just in case.

Thanks for the ride in the GTO Matt!
                        After the fact I thought we could have called Roto-Rooter for a house call - they probably had one.
                        Nice to meet you John - we'll set up a pre-party next year before the Tour starts in DTW.
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by hoofhearted View Post
                          I won food poisoning in Cocoa Beach. Plus a short PT, and a trip to the Dr.Thats for Wed, Thurs, Fri. Some beach!!!!!!!
                          Oh I was wondering what happened to you, sorry to hear
                          So. Central PA
                          Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                            I met some great folks in Warren Michigan - .....Thanks for the ride in the GTO Matt!
                            John thanks for the lift to Duggans in the Super Duty, couldn't ask for a better introduction to Woodward Ave. At next year's start you will have to show me where Royal Pontiac reigned.
                            a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Working...
                            X