It can always be better !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It can always be better !

So I thought a thread while things are fresh would be good to make suggestions (not sure if Freiburger and company will see this or not but...) So make your none bitching constructive ideas for improvement below.

Mine are :
    -Time clock avail till late, Or start venue later and run it till later. I think a later "under the lights" one would rock
    -Try to have Post venue things offered or at least a list of tour friendly places
    -less freeway (it is about the drive not getting there)
    -lists of contests and events at main stage for the people like me that rather be out and about but would show for fun stuff
    -Awards for things to make people feel cool (example: best motor swap, most interesting, most persistent, best example of hot rodding mindset, most baddass ride,etc)
    -(i know this is a hard one but) more celeb car guys on tour or layout cars at least
    -Cork board or something for the long haulers to leave messages on for A: parts needed B: Cool stuff happening next day or two.
    - Find a way for the massive amount of people to help a charity (preferably ether vets or kids) like 1.00 dollar gate fee for long haulers for example
    -Oh and the 16 year old in me wants a burn out contest too
    Ok your turn!!
    Last edited by Buckeye; June 13, 2011, 08:01 PM.

Love the corkboard idea. However, it would be best to contact Family Events. I don't think hotrod has much planning at all with this even anymore. I do think James Rivers needs some preferential parking though. That too is a good idea.
    Powertour off/on since 2002
    sigpic

Comment

I heard about that James Rivers guy!?!?!?! I didn't get to meet him while the CMA's were in Nashville, but I heard he was one heck of a guy, signed autographs all night long, and drank with us "Lower" class people. If all that is true, what a stand up guy!!!
      sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
      - George Orwell

Comment

Thanks Bucky, I decided to register on Bangshift after meeting ya'll.

Comment

Hey James, glad you've joined the friendliest bunch of folks you'll ever meet! Welcome!
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Welcome to the crazy house!!!
            Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
            Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Welcome James!! Maybe next year you can be the travelling entertainment!

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by 1cheapstreet View Post
                Welcome James!! Maybe next year you can be the travelling entertainment!

Linda
                Hell, he was this year!
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I also would like to see the venue times change. I know the vendors/displays need time to do their full thing (set up, work the show, tear down, eat, travel, sleep, set up again) but just move the venue times from 12 noon to 5:30pm, to 2:00pm to 7:30pm? So us that do drive the route (the most fun to me) and pull in at 3:30-4:00pm area DO have time to see it all. More locals could participate then too, as many people do work until 4:30 or 5:00 etc. Just move the venue hours - by 2 hours (later). All can still get done by the vendors/displays - just all a bit later in the day.

Some Charity stuff at venues. YOU BET! Somehow (have each city) promote a cause of their choice. Car people WILL respond.

More side roads if at all possible. That run at the end of the Nashville to Indy (getting off 65) was about the BEST section of 2 lane PT has ever taken/suggested. GREAT road, just want more kind of like that.

Hope HR reads this thread....
                  Jim T
                  Supercar Collectibles
                  www.Supercar1.com

Comment

We ran the route everyday but skipped all the drivers meetings. Left our hotel between 7:30 and 8:30 every morning and arrived at the venue between noon and 4pm everyday. With the heat, etc. I don't plan on sitting in front of the stage until 5 or 6 to listen to a guy ramble on and maybe win something. At that point I'm ready to be checked into a hotel and see what's for dinner. Longest day was Nashville to Indy, with the time change. Shortest was the Valdosta to Montgomery, got into town around 11:30 and weren't the only ones eating lunch before hitting the venue.
                    GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Originally posted by James Rivers View Post
                      Thanks Bucky, I decided to register on Bangshift after meeting ya'll.

Dear Mr. Rivers,

Our daughter has shown a keen interest in your music. Would it be possible to get a signed copy of your latest CD for her? She would think it was so cool. Please respond soon as I am getting tired of listening to her beg. Thanks in advance.

Mike and Donna
                      Donna
                      Williamston, MI
                      Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
                        I heard about that James Rivers guy!?!?!?! I didn't get to meet him while the CMA's were in Nashville, but I heard he was one heck of a guy, signed autographs all night long, and drank with us "Lower" class people. If all that is true, what a stand up guy!!!
                        I would have never thought going to the opre was going to make me miss fun but it turns out... BUT I did have fun at the opre too but sounds like n-ville was good for all.

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop View Post
                          Dear Mr. Rivers,

Our daughter has shown a keen interest in your music. Would it be possible to get a signed copy of your latest CD for her? She would think it was so cool. Please respond soon as I am getting tired of listening to her beg. Thanks in advance.

Mike and Donna
                          Absolutely! She should come to one of my concerts sometime I'll give her a backstage pass. Wait, she's over 18 right? Well you know..

A country boy trying to survive...

JR

Comment

Originally posted by James Rivers View Post
                            Absolutely! She should come to one of my concerts sometime I'll give her a backstage pass. Wait, she's over 18 right? Well you know..

A country boy trying to survive...

JR
                            James, I heard that she just turned 21...... Well, at least that's what a little birdie told me!!! (LMAO)
                            sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                            - George Orwell

Comment

I have no complaints. Got to meet up with a bunch of people, had some fun, and aside from the gas costs, and with the help of a few, I had a heck of a time. Wish I could of been on more of the tour, but happy I got to go for a bit.

I enjoyed last year's drive, doing a lot of 2 lane back roads...the stretch between Bowling Green and Chattanooga were great which is what I'd like to see more of.
                              Andrew
                              1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                              2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Working...
                              X