No announcement yet.

Lesson's learned during 2011 Powertour.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lesson's learned during 2011 Powertour.

I'll start this off when one lesson I learned in Cocoa Beach:

1. Never take driving directions from a Hooters Girl.
    Powertour off/on since 2002
    sigpic

Originally posted by bishir View Post
    I'll start this off when one lesson I learned in Cocoa Beach:

1. Never take driving directions from a Hooters Girl.
    unless its to her house
    Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

Originally posted by fine59 View Post
      unless its to her house
      Good point...

Top 10 Lessons learned during 2011 Power Tour:
      1. Never take directions from a hooters girl.
      2. Always check for fill plugs before tour.
      3. Read the fine print on the wheel cleaner before use!
      4. There will be a slow line of cars at every venue. Make sure you have gas.
      5. Sleep is what you do between working on your car.
      6. The best Power Tour moments don't have anything to do with cars.
      7. The friends you make are better than the cars you'll see or drive.
      8. Almost all car problems can be fixed in the hotel parking lot.
      9. Invisible Glass can clean nearly anything. It's canned miracles.
      10. Michigan roads will never be Florida roads.
      sigpic

Comment

after wearing ear plugs for 3,200 miles, a rearend that was not set up correctly will not heal itself
        a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Always put a new air freshener in the truck before going on a two week road trip.
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by bishir View Post
            Good point...

Top Lesson learned during 2011 Power Tour:

Make sure Buddy sees this
            Donna
            Williamston, MI
            Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Top 10 Lessons learned during 2011 Power Tour:

And a real good cooling system.
              1964 Chevelle
              Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
              LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

1. A tool box is good with tools in it but a small hardware kit some vac hose and such make it far more useful. (a drain plug might be good to carry too.)
                2. Ac is rather handy but you may get ignored by people if your car is post 1990
                3. DON'T STAY AT MOTEL 6
                4. Get the vid from the guy when he is standing in front of you and don't hope to find him at the LH ceremony
                5. Go to the starting line party even if you had not met them yet.
                6. 12 bolt rear ends car break when faced with super sticky holiday inn pavement
                7. "hey guys watch this!" is a sure to insure something bad is about to happen but it will most likely be funny..... eventually
                8. Family events does not give a rats ass about my ride around the track in Indy, and less about the guy I told them was still inside that in needed to pick up.
                9. Daisy dukes and cowboy boots are my favorite attire (with sundresses a close second) (thanks Nashville!)
                10. Take a ford with no miles on it = no problems. Take a Chevy = issues. Take a jap car= looks of shame

Comment

After getting lost 4 times in indianapolis because of the 4 people that were asked for directions 2 spoke broken english and one was from out of town...getting a Garmin GPS is the cheapest 140 bucks you'll ever spend....

Comment

Carry a spare coil.
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                      Carry a spare coil.
                      or, make sure the parts guy sells you the right coil to begin with! Sheesh
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                        Carry a spare coil.
                        I think that was the only part I didnt have with me!
                        Danny/Zachary
                        HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

1. Spend a bit more on hotels. We stayed at Super 8's the entire way this year and by the 3rd night we had re-named our adventure the Super 8 Shithole Tour 2011. Only one wowed us, Plainfield, IN but I had stayed at that one before and mistakenly based the chain's quality on it. Had the wife come along spending the cash on a hotel on the beach at Cocoa would have been worth it.

2. Next year we're bringing something somewhat cool. Both of our cars this year were late model and needed stickers to identify them as HRPT vehicles.

3. GM has an entire state of suspension proving grounds, called the MI interstate system. OMG, what shitty roads.
                          GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop View Post
                            Originally Posted by bishir
                            Good point...

Top Lesson learned during 2011 Power Tour:

Make sure Buddy sees this
                            Pack a gas can and spare 3/8" hose to siphon gas off Mike & Donna's Cutlass for said Trans Am owned by Buddy.
                            Andrew
                            1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                            2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Don't buy and install new 3 piece forged wheels/tires while en route to Power Tour start....Damn silicone seals started leaking on the trek home.
                              Also, never get an alignment at a big chain tire store after installing said new wheels/tires, they don't tighten everything back up...interesting ride in the rain...Help....
                              Dannie
                              2010 Camaro SS
                              Long Haul 2010/2011
                              Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

Working...
                              X