year one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by street72 View Post
    We talked with Year One while on the Tour and they also want to do a San Diego to Seattle tour,or the other way.So we are looking forward to that. They have no dates as of now..
    I would love to do that one......

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
    1966 Plymouth Fury III
    2014 Dodge Ram 1500
    Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
    Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Bucky and Ed,you would both be welcome here.And Bucky,you've been invited already.. But when we talked with them, they do all profits to childrens charities. And one of thier big one is at the end of the Boston to Braselton where Chip Foose will be. They will donate to Progeria,which Chip lost his sister to, and we also donate to the same cause through Chip's mom,Terry, at our car club car show in October. They wanted to talk more on this tour and we offered our club to help. Not sure how or if we can, but they were very interested. Dannie also added that he has done this run several times and could be an asset...But dang,Bucky,I only got home yesterday and I'm still going through bills..But you guys are more important...
      I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

sounds like fun....

Comment

We talked with Year One while on the Tour and they also want to do a San Diego to Seattle tour,or the other way.So we are looking forward to that. They have no dates as of now..
          I am down with that! I live in San Diego and my Mom is in Seattle. Ive done the drive both ways many times...many times. It can be a great week long tour. Who do I call @ Y1 about it?
          Bruce
          Last edited by BKBridges; June 20, 2011, 02:43 PM.
          www.FBthrottlebodies.com
          Bruce K Bridges

Comment

I might have to really give this one some serious thought because it starts in my own backyard. hmmmm..................
            Last edited by Northeast Rod Run; June 20, 2011, 09:23 PM.
            1999 Power Tour - 3 Stops
            2006 Power Tour Long Hauler
            2008-2012 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
              I believe this year i will have to pass on this cruise.

Bob

But the Best Cruise there is the Northeast Rod Run in October, try it you and wife/girl friend will like it.
              Thanks Bob!

Comment

Originally posted by BKBridges View Post
                I am down with that! I live in San Diego and my Mom is in Seattle. Ive done the drive both ways many times...many times. It can be a great week long tour. Who do I call @ Y1 about it?
                Bruce
                We talked with Kevin King,President and with Pat Staton,Director of Special Projects..They both are in Braselton,GA..Both really nice people,someone who you would like to do work with..And where are you in SD?
                Last edited by street72; June 21, 2011, 09:45 AM.
                I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Thinking about doing the NC. stops,Can't do all of it.
                  Longhauler 2009,2011
                  Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

Comment

I going to pick up the ride in Dover,DE and ride at least the next two stops. I might be able to do more after i talk the wife into it.

Comment

We talked with Kevin King,President and with Pat Staton,Director of Special Projects..They both are in Braselton,GA..Both really nice people,someone who you would like to do work with..And where are you in SD?
                      Im down/up in Cardiff by the Sea. I worked with Jeff Jorgensen @ Year One on the intake system for the RedRunner a while back. Good people, cool car! Never met the pres. or Pat. The coolest thing was the Redrunner hotwheels G4 car. My nephew (3+) sleeps with it. I love cruising through the backroads around Dunsmuir and Lava tubes as well as Pinnacles ntl monument etc. Itd be way better with a bunch of other like minded individuals and cars...
                      BKB
                      Attached Files
                      www.FBthrottlebodies.com
                      Bruce K Bridges

Comment

I just came home from the GM Nationals at Carlisle, and there was a guy there in a Fiero that already had a "Driving in Home 2011" window sticker. he said he got it from Year One on Power Tour

Comment

Originally posted by Northeast Rod Run View Post
                          I just came home from the GM Nationals at Carlisle, and there was a guy there in a Fiero that already had a "Driving in Home 2011" window sticker. he said he got it from Year One on Power Tour
                          Yeah they give them out on the Power Tour.
                          Hummm Might drive up to Dover on Saturday & hang out , then cruise south with the group for to Kill Devil's Hills for the night then head home to PA on Tuesday
                          I'll add it to my todo list & see what will happen
                          Last edited by Vsolo; June 27, 2011, 09:13 AM.
                          So. Central PA
                          Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

anyone else giving this any thought?...looks to start now in Dover.....i think i,m in
                            Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

I was originally going to do it when it was starting in Boston, but then they started changing a couple of dates near the end of the trip. I was still thinking about going, then I started calling hotels for reservations before last week and there were only a couple of rooms booked at most hotels (under Year One's group), but I was still thinking about going. Smaller type trips are still cool

Then they dropped Boston for the Chowder Run. I would have thought that Boston was a very important part in them creating the chowder part of the trip's name. Then they send out an email saying that they were killing their interactive blog about the trip, so now it would be harder to get details. Too many last minute changes for me to still go and they don't really give many details.

I set up the Northeast Rod Run every year and all my details are usually set more than 6 months before the trip begins, and I'm not a big corporation with huge pockets full of money to make things happen like Year One. I'm sure it's still going to be an awesome time, but all the last minute changes made it lose it's luster for me.
                              Last edited by Northeast Rod Run; August 7, 2011, 10:08 PM.

Comment

What are the dates of this run,looks like fun.
                                Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X