Thank you GM - Proving Ground visit and drive out was awesome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you GM - Proving Ground visit and drive out was awesome

I have to say thanks to the folks at GM, because the proving grounds visit and most importantly the relatively unsupervised depature route was the highlight of the Power Tour for me. Getting to drive on those courses and actually hitting hit hard through those courses was a rush. I wish I could have done that without a carload full of crap bouncing around, but still was damn fun...
    Dannie
    2010 Camaro SS
    Long Haul 2010/2011
    Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

I second that
    Donna
    Williamston, MI
    Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

US TOO!!!!!
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

My ten year old son is still talking about opening it up on the straights and drifting a few times around the corners. That was absolutely the best time . Made me feel like a ten yr old again !
        Has anyone seen my fan?

Comment

unexpected surprise - it was the most memorable item of the 2011 tour
          a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by tcbnj View Post
            unexpected surprise - it was the most memorable item of the 2011 tour
            X2

Comment

it was really fun, I just wish the guy in front of me could drive and would have stopped randomly hitting the brakes in the middle of the corners and other random places. I would just be getting in to it and pow slam on the brakes

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalCamaro View Post
                I have to say thanks to the folks at GM, because the proving grounds visit and most importantly the relatively unsupervised depature route was the highlight of the Power Tour for me. Getting to drive on those courses and actually hitting hit hard through those courses was a rush. I wish I could have done that without a carload full of crap bouncing around, but still was damn fun...
                agreed......an awesome experience, and thanks to GM, the HR staff, and everyone who made it happen (and it was about 1000x more interesting than a 3 mph lap around the track at Indy) rexdogg!

Comment

Before the Proving Grounds, our highlight was the Daytona Speedway tour. The GM M.P.G. blew that away, what a great experience. Thanks to all that made it possible.
                  GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

3mph... Damn I wish I went that fast!

Comment

I sent a message to the following link on the GM Home Page, couldn't find a contact for the GM Proving grounds itself, anyway they said they would forward the info, just hope they did.

404 Page. We could not find the page you were trying to locate.

Comment

I forgot on that last thread you I clicked on the last button, for a suggestion or comment and then it took you to the form.

404 Page. We could not find the page you were trying to locate.

Comment

I agree the GM proving ground was best experience. Wish the SS 396 Chevelle would have gotten out of the way of my GS 400 Buick... ;<) (I suppose it had something to do with the Mustang in front of him!) Anyway, opening it up on straight-a-ways, powering thru the turns, and doing dips-a-doodles was a great way to exit the proving grounds THANKS GM and Hot Rod for doing it for us!!!
                          John

Long Haul 2006, '07, '08, '11 Somerset & Bristol '09; Chattanooga '10; Birmingham & Chattanooga '13

Comment

Huge ditto to the best of the tour (besides having the opportunity to stop and help fix cars for fellow PT'ers That in itself definitely tops the list for me). Wayne, AKA "The other Clarence"

Comment

The Proving grounds was awesome and one of the few times I regretted taking the wagon on the power tour.
                              http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/...pssichgwqu.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X