lucky day!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lucky day!!

today has been great, me and dad clean all the interior and found something exspensive

dad started looking at the insulation thats in between the floorpan and the carpet and he goes evan look what i found, and pulled out a ring. he started looking at it and goes and cleans and buffs it and told me he thought it was real. we looked at it and we rode up to a local jelwery store and we had the lady look at it. she said it was real. it is a .63 carrot diamond on a 10 carrot gold ring. she said she would give a $100 then and there. she also said when it was sold it was about 300-500 bucks depending on the store it was bought from
    The youngest guy on the board
    76 vega
    86 fiero

Evan, I say keep it for good luck. Pour it into acrilic and make a shifter knob, or something of that sort. Would make a nice conversation piece. Unless mom and pops quit feeding you? And I know that ain't gunna happen.
    Living the dream!

Comment

You could keep it near the picture of you with the butterfly tattoo.........just sayin buddy!!!!
      Last edited by RAIV70Judge; June 16, 2011, 08:26 AM.
      HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
      DW- 12,16,17
      "Stay thirsty my friends"
      The worlds most interesting man

Comment

$100 for a $300-500 ring. I am glad I don't purchase jewelry for investment purposes. What was done with the ring? Is any effort going to be made to return it to the original owner?
        2006 HRPT LH
        2007 HRPT LH
        2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

return to the original owner? hahahaha. we can tell the went looking for it because some of the insulation on the floor had been folded over and the seat bolt went through the insulation and it didnt come that way factory. we are going to go to the mall and see if we can get more money out of it if we can, we need some money for seat covers and then we are basically finished with the interior in the fiero
          76 vega
          86 fiero

Comment

That's too bad. There may have been sentimental value to that ring considering the original cost.

I lost a Seiko watch one day and went crazy looking for it. The watch was originally worth about $200 but my husband gave it to me for Christmas years ago. I retraced my steps and realized the only place it could have been lost was at Target. It was a long shot, but I called the store to see if anybody turned it in. To my relief, somebody found it in the parking lot, turned it in and undamaged. That experience made me realize that there are some really good people still on the planet.
            2006 HRPT LH
            2007 HRPT LH
            2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

right on your parade
              Has anyone seen my fan?

Comment

Different strokes for different folks.
                2006 HRPT LH
                2007 HRPT LH
                2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

if it really meant something to them they would have looked harder for it and not park the car for 12 years then sell it
                  76 vega
                  86 fiero

Comment

Only 12 years. Send out an SOS am sure some little girl is missing her ring. You pigs. Shame on u two.
                    Dave & Miss Money Penny
                    Oshkosh, WI
                    Long Hauler --- 2008/09/10/11 and now waiting for ..................

Comment

the car has had three owners, who do we give it too?
                      76 vega
                      86 fiero

Comment

Evan, you have had good role models in your life. It's time to make some adult decisions on your own. Whatever you choose to do, you are the one who has to live with it.
                        Last edited by LadyGT; June 17, 2011, 02:05 PM.
                        2006 HRPT LH
                        2007 HRPT LH
                        2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGT View Post
                          Evan, you have had good role models in your life. It's time to make some adult decisions on your own. Whatever you choose to do, you are the one who has to live with it.
                          keep it evan...shoot the friggin angel on your shoulder
                          Last edited by fine59; June 17, 2011, 03:18 PM.
                          Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

Originally posted by 64casteel View Post
                            the car has had three owners, who do we give it too?
                            You ask every owner to give you a discription of the ring,if none match,sell it.
                            Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

I think you should go back to the jewler and commission 2 additonal rings identical to the one you found and send one to each of the three previous owners and see if any of them return them to you!

Comment

Working...
                              X