Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What where your post Power Tour repairs.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What where your post Power Tour repairs.....

I know there where a lot of on the road repairs made on the Power Tour......but for those who got them home and realized something was amiss and then figured it out......like mine. Coming out of Montgomery the same as the event headed home to see about a locked up home a/c unit in Huntsville....my developed what I thought was a slight slip in the tranny I was having issues going up hill on I-65...after stopping twice and checking tranny fluid that was barely off the stick the problem persisted and I slowed down speed and limped on into Huntsville. The next day the car cranked and drove good for about an hour where I made it to the Power Tour exit off I-65 to Hwy 31 which was only 14 miles from my house. After hanging out there for 2 hours I headed home limped back up the hill where I parked it switched to my truck to continue on to Nashville if a/c tech showed up well he didnt so I left the next morn to catch the tour to Indy....where i had a great time before heading back home the following day. The next after thinking about how the Tour was doing headed to Muskegeon I decided to crank my car to around the block and upon backing out I realized I had no brakes well they hard to the floor and at this point realized my problem....my power booster had failed and had started to fail on the drive from Montgomery....the vacuum was acting up which caused the weak power going up the hills that I thought was a tranny slip. Now it is all good replace booster and motor back to being strong and idle is great again....now I can start collecting parts for my a/c install into the Regal.......
    That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

I have to replace an E brake cable

Comment

I had two exhaust hangers replaced plus a clamp on the CV joint broke thowing grease onto the cradle and underside of the deck lid.
      All done at the shop, I just pay the $$. While there I had the oil changed also.

Comment

to busted front shocks.....cheap monroes
        Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

My first repair would have been my Power Steering Pump and Lines that were not cooperating with me enroute to Cocoa Beach. I stopped at Bishir's house, Pensacola, to repair my lines hoping that would be my only bad luck. But, Jade was testing my patience as she broke a fuel pump in Valdosta making her first pass on the drag strip. After Holley was nice enough to hook me up with a new one at their cost, she was back up and running again. Then Montgomery came..... and who can ever forget what happened the 12-Bolt Rear-End in the hotel parking lot.

After that, she ran like a champ, other than the usual vapor locking due to the heat and stop and go traffic.
          sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
          - George Orwell

Comment

you said you were just chillin...swear you didnt brake something else?
            Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

Dude that is so cold......lol.......at least did you offer him something to drown his sorrows.....because we all know how you roll in that fine 59..........
              That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Replaced an alternater under warranty at All Way Ford in St.Pete,FL What a great bunch of people. They did us right and we couldn't thank them enough.Highly recommend them for Ford work..Oh yea, Replaced a battery with AAA road service. A cheap $155 battery to replace my Optima which is still testing good ????
                I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Got chip in windshield about 100 miles from home .Bought new one yesterday and will replace old one when chip turns into crack.
                  Danny/Zachary
                  HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

I was really surprised to see Bucky's 67 back on the road after Montgomery. We were in a hotel across the road but walked over to see the carnage. When we walked back to our hotel, it was on a jack and the last I heard was it would be trailered back home. On the way to Indy we happened to be behind him a bit on the twisty road and he was beating on it as hard as ever! That was my favorite part of the drive!!!
                    I didn't have any breakage but my car started pulling to the left on the way home. I knew I must have knocked it out of alignment. By the time I got home I trashed both front tires. The inside is down to the cords on both. The toe is way out. Must have been all those pot holes in Indy.
                    Last edited by tarafied1; June 17, 2011, 06:00 PM.
                    Married to Tara, that makes me the TARA-fied 1!

Comment

Just changed the oil.....we fixed everything else while on the Power Tour......
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Ain't nothing broke that bad Washed her up and hoping to go back to Lingenfelters in the morning before the Oldsmobile homecoming. I guess the stars and the moon have lined up just right as a once in a lifetime opportunity to see the Lingenfelter collection has turned into twice in a week thanks to the generousity of Mr. Lingenfelter.
                        Donna
                        Williamston, MI
                        Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

I woke up the morning of the finale to find that the exhaust hanger weld broke loose sometime during the week and the xflow muffler had disengaged from the downpipe - Buddy & Mr Perrine tied up the hanger with electrical wire in order to get me to Black Lake. Thereafter, a visit to Mr Muffler in Brighton, MI

As the bird is quite the mistress, she gave the muffler techs a hard time when they tried to take her off the lift (too low clearance)
                          a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Well we awoke in Indy, Loaded the Car ready to head to Muskegon, The car would not start. Checked battery, Had power booster charger, no-go. Had a jump from Milk Can Orange Truck no-go, had others look at it No-Go. Called AAA towed to Andy Mohr Ford(7 miles away) They were Great, Buffie Crye and Tom (tech), they checked and checked, ignition, trans selector positioning sensors, starter, after 4 hours they found the 9 pin connector to the trans brain was frayed from the trans cover. Four wires broken, 1 1/2 later we were back on the road to Muskegon, Missed the Show but made to the the Bowling Ally in time. No other problems.
                            1990 Thunderbird Supercoupe
                            1999 Ford Mustang GT convertible "Yellow"
                            1987 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe
                            Power Tour 06, 07, 11, 12

Comment

none,just a wash which i just did.
                              Longhauler 2009,2011
                              Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

Comment

Working...
                              X