Your 2012 power tour ride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hoofhearted View Post
    Don't know yet. Haven't gotten it yet. I want to customize a van, but another truck might be in the works.
    I'm thinking a Woodstock theme, Jim! You know peace, love and all that jazz.

Linda

Comment

i am working on my ride for next years tour. i started it with my dad but just lost him on the 24th of may. he wanted a rat rod pickup truck. So i was at a freinds house that build my race motors. he had a 51 Dodge pickup it had no frame just cab doors front hood and fenders no bed. So the build is going to be a more modern set up a long bed std cab s-10 pickup with a 301 c.i. SBC(283 with a 327 crank) with a 700r4 trans and a/c(i will catch hell for that part) i am trying to build it all for under 3000.00 bucks i have a full shop with all the right stuff. just a matter of rounding up the parts i still need.

i am really looking forward to meeting you all i have wanted to do power tour since the first one. I know how to keep a loaded cooler around too ...... here is a pic of one of the cars i just finished it started as a pile of tubing
      Attached Files
      Last edited by dez_racer; June 21, 2011, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Thats friggin cool man!!!
        HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
        DW- 12,16,17
        "Stay thirsty my friends"
        The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
          Hey now my ford had to pull over Many times to aid in broken gm's......
          Glenn had to pull over in his Mustang many times also. Not sure about the "to aid" part though
          Donna
          Williamston, MI
          Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop View Post
            Glenn had to pull over in his Mustang many times also. Not sure about the "to aid" part though
            Lets not get personal now,I just happen to like autozone and wanted to see them all.
            Longhauler 2009,2011
            Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

Comment

autozoo......... Well there is your problem!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1cheapstreet View Post
                I'm thinking a Woodstock theme, Jim! You know peace, love and all that jazz.

Linda
                You know I live in Woodstock GA, don't you. HAHA I thought I would research having a portable solar panel to charge a battery to run air conditioning while the van is sitting in the sun and I'm walking around the venue.
                OH YEAH
                Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Awesome dez_racer..... Condolences on your Dad and see you in 2012.....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                  1966 Plymouth Fury III
                  2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                  Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                  Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Here's hoping!

Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
                    www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Comment

Maybe this, I have a 383 on the stand and I would like to give it the Cherry Bomb Camaro paint scheme (satin black and red) with long red Cherry Bomb side exhausts. 2" drop in the front, and I have a set of old school centerlines for it. Visor shade and front spoiler. It will also have to serve as my tow vehicle for my race car.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0682.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	855881

And Xtra large BS logos over the rear windows!
                      Living the dream!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbuds1 View Post
                        Maybe this, I have a 383 on the stand and I would like to give it the Cherry Bomb Camaro paint scheme (satin black and red) with long red Cherry Bomb side exhausts. 2" drop in the front, and I have a set of old school centerlines for it. Visor shade and front spoiler. It will also have to serve as my tow vehicle for my race car.[ATTACH=CONFIG]2347[/ATTACH]

Saaaweeetttt..........what trans would you run with?
                        That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbuds1 View Post
                          Maybe this, I have a 383 on the stand and I would like to give it the Cherry Bomb Camaro paint scheme (satin black and red) with long red Cherry Bomb side exhausts. 2" drop in the front, and I have a set of old school centerlines for it. Visor shade and front spoiler. It will also have to serve as my tow vehicle for my race car.[ATTACH=CONFIG]2347[/ATTACH]

Thats what I'm talking bout.
                          OH YEAH
                          Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

I pitty the fool!!
                            Last edited by Buckeye; June 23, 2011, 06:05 PM.

Comment

I like that!
                              Maybe ditch the brush guard........
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

If you do it I get to be Murdock and ramble funny stuff........ Or I can get REALLY tan and wear some gold and.... fear flying

Comment

Working...
                                X